Why would a 4/3 in Scripps Ranch be advertised at $1000.00 /month?!!! I am going to complain to Dept/Consumer Affairs and BRE.

Asked by Dana Dodson, San Diego, CA Fri Apr 19, 2013

I need an answer by Monday noon or I will file a complaint. Thank you.

--
This question was asked from this property: http://=www.trulia.com/rental/3115773452-9927-Caminito-Tomatillo-Sa… target="_blank" rel="nofollow">http://www.trulia.com/rental/3115773452-9927-Caminito-Tomati…

Answers

4
Jill Miranda…, Agent, San Diego, CA
Fri Apr 19, 2013
I doubt the Dept of Consumer Affairs can do much to help you since they can't control what people post on the internet. And I'm not familiar with BRE but you may want to contact Trulia about posting warnings or monitoring their feeds more closely. Unfortunately, when it comes to the internet, it's pretty much open to anyone to post whatever they want.

Jill Miranda
Robert Boern…, Agent, El Cajon, CA
Fri Apr 19, 2013
Sadly, there are a lot of people impersonating property owner and trying to steal money from unsuspecting rental applicants. As a rental property owner, I have had other people advertise my properties for rent well below market value.

Authorities do not seem interested in this type of crime as I have contacted them in the past.

Be very careful when renting a property. If you need to verify the true owner of a property, feel free to contact me directly and I will be happy to help.

Robert Boerner
Gecko Realty
619.977.2262
Jim Fishinger, Agent, Carlsbad, CA
Fri Apr 19, 2013
There are a number of fraud attempts being perpetrated. Craigslist has been especially hit. Trulia picks up from multiple sources and just feeds the information through. Exercise extreme caution on rentals. The MLS is a limited source, but less likely to be inhabited by fraud.
Melissa Goss, , Center Moriches, NY
Fri Apr 19, 2013
If it seems to good to be true, than likely it is. I have come across things like this usually on craigslist, but now trulia seems to be a target for these scams.