Why is it so hard to get a call back from a Reltor? I have gone so far as to include my credit score on emails and text messages. This does get a

Asked by Maria Jeanette Burgos Cabeza, Brooklyn, NY Fri Feb 21, 2014

somewhat better response.

Answers

14
Anna M Brocco, Agent, Williston Park, NY
Fri Feb 21, 2014
Keep in mind that not all agents are created equal. Perhaps ask people you may know for referrals, or rather than texting/e-mailing call/walk into any local realty office(s) and simply choose an agent to work with. To consider, not all apartments listed on third party sites such as this, Zillow, Craig's List included, etc., are available--the information may be old/not updated and some could be scams; on the other hand, not all internet inquiries agents receive are from serious buyers/tenants, therefore it's possible that some agents choose to ignore them rather than waste time--especially if the unit is not available, thus resulting in no replies....
Tatiana Davis, , Brooklyn, NY
Fri Feb 21, 2014
Not all Realtors are the same. Don't give up. I do understand your frustration. To be honest, I have had clients looking for apartments or homes do the same exact thing you speak of, so it can happen on both sides. I have gone to CONFIRMED showings and a client not show or call. I keep it moving and don't let it get to me. I wish you well.

Tatiana Davis, Associate Broker
Davis & Associates Realty
Annette Law…, Agent, Palm Harbor, FL
Fri Feb 21, 2014
There are many reasons. Perhaps you are calling regarding something rented long ago and the agent has no similar property to offer.If you are using resources like Truila, Zillow or Craigslist this could very well be the problem. ------- Perhaps in your message you asked, "Can I rent this for $300 a month less?" ------------- Or maybe you've got two mixed breed pit bulls that come with. -------------- These are SOME of the reason I would not return your call.------------ Be aware, serious people CALL, they do not send email. Those sending email are looking for information NOT ready to make a decision. Agents who are engaged in the rental market are just way to busy and their compensation is way to low for them to be the educator also. ----------- What you should do is call a Brooklyn REALTOR who will refer you to another agent who IS engaged in the rental market. This agent will get the information you need through resources not available to you.
Martina Ryan, Agent, Bayside, NY
Fri Feb 28, 2014
Just deal with realtors that are responsible enough to call you back. If you don't get a response the apartment is probably not available & they are still running the ad.
Frank Spauld…, , Brooklyn, NY
Fri Feb 21, 2014
Because some realtors are unorganized and all over the place with their business. Especially if your deal is not a money priority you may very well be placed to the back of the line. I strive to deal with all clients and deals equally not matter how small or big of a deal it is.
Maria Jeanet…, Home Buyer, Brooklyn, NY
Fri Feb 21, 2014
What I am looking for is a 2 bedroom in greenwood heights/south slope area
for under $2000 per month.
Family of 4 (2 adults 2 children) and 1 cat.

can anyone help?
I have an apt for you K. Wilson (718(593-3079
Flag Sun Feb 23, 2014
Jayfelds88, Home Buyer, Brooklyn, NY
Fri Feb 21, 2014
Contact me I have a ton of apartments for you to look at. If they work and you like them we can do a walk thru if not then no thats okay too. Either way good luck hope you find what your looking for.

Jayfelds88@yahoo.com
917-284-7580
Maria Jeanet…, Home Buyer, Brooklyn, NY
Fri Feb 21, 2014
I really appreciate all your answers.
This post was made out of frustration.
I saw an ad on cragislist for an apartment that is perfect for my current needs.
I contacted the realtor on Wednesday and he said sure I can show it to you on Thursday. Just send me a text to confirm.
I texted twice and no response. I called and got him on the phone.
Oh I got your text he said. I just need to get the key from the super and will call you back so you can come right over.

It is now Friday and I still have not heard from him.

Can you now understand my frustration. I know reltors work on commison and do not want to waste their time on "looky loos" but I was serious about renting this apartment. I just needed a walk thru.
I feel that my time was wasted.
Hi Maria,

I totally understand your frustration. The vast majority of us are more courteous and professional. My *guess* is that he rented the unit to someone else.

Of course, that's just my guess, and in any case it was very unprofessional for him not to return your calls and texts. Most agents would return your messages and offer to help find you something else.

Feel free to email or call me anytime if you're still looking.

Steve
Exit Realty
stevewarren1968@gmail.com
(917)346.2655
Flag Fri Feb 21, 2014
Diane Dixon, Agent, New York, NY
Fri Feb 21, 2014
I can help you. Please call me at 9175383195
Kathryn Lilly, Agent, New York, NY
Fri Feb 21, 2014
Hello;
I am sorry to say that you are calling the wrong realtor; obviously.
If you are looking to buy, it is often better to work with a buyers agent of your own to help you find and get what you want.
Feel free to call me, if I cannot help you I can certainly refer you to someone who can.
Good buyers agents specialize in certain areas so that they can keep up with their specific market; they know the ins and outs of the buildings in their area and everything that is currently on the market there and what it can sell for, it saves you a lot of time.
Kathryn Lilly, Broker
Realty on the Greene, LLC
718-614-5542
KLilly@RealtyontheGreene.com
Jayfelds88, Home Buyer, Brooklyn, NY
Fri Feb 21, 2014
Hi Maria my name is Joshua Feldman sorry to hear your relator is treating you like this, but I guarantee its going to be his lose. I would love to help you find the home of your dreams. Contact me if you'd like.
917-284-7580
Jayfelds88@yahoo.com

Thank you
Yan Ai, Agent, Flushing, NY
Fri Feb 21, 2014
Rraltors are quite busy, thus they may miss some phone calls.
Your realtor doesn't respond to you may also suggest that it is hard to for him/her to answer in specific situation.
My suggestion is to 'keep trying to reach out other realtor'.
Steven Warren, , New York, NY
Fri Feb 21, 2014
Hi Maria,

I'm sorry to hear of the lack of response from your realtor. Please give me a call or text at (917)346.2655.

My phone is always on, I always call back, and I have a very nice selection of apartments from which you can choose.

Steve
Exit Realty
(917)346.2655
Kedene Newton, Agent, New York, NY
Fri Feb 21, 2014
Maria I'm sorry you are having such difficulty getting a response from someone, please give me a call personally or send me a text at 347.619.2465. I would love to help you with finding a new place to call home.
K. Newton