Why are there so many scam houses listed on here? This is as bad as Craigslist...

Asked by Julie Sutphen, Oklahoma City, OK Fri Sep 13, 2013

Answers

7
Carolyn Sims, Agent, Oklahoma City, OK
Fri Sep 13, 2013
Unfortunately we seem to have attracted opportunists who want to take advantage of the situation that we have with a shortage of houses since our May disasters. Working with someone who has your interests in mind is always helpful.

If you are interested in purchasing a home, I would be happy to help you. Oklahoma City is one of the areas where it is less expensive to buy than to rent a home. If I can help you, please contact me.

Carolyn Sims
Keller Williams Elite
405-808-7922
Jonathan Rob…, Agent, Lewiston, ME
Sat Sep 14, 2013
Trulia works hard at not allowing scams to go on report any to them. I'm sure they will work hard to fix any problems.
Lanny Gardner, , Oklahoma City, OK
Fri Sep 13, 2013
Hi Julie not sure what you mean by "scam" houses that question should probably asked to trulia!
as they control what they put, allow, on here
Lanny Gardner
GARDNER CO REALTORS
Quality Service Since 1947
Marie Burrou…, Agent, Oklahoma City, OK
Fri Sep 13, 2013
If a vehicle exists where someone can scam you out of money someone will exploit that avenue. On the other hand, call a REALTOR. We adhere to a Code of Ethics that establishes obligations that may be higher than those mandated by law and in any instance where the Code of Ethics and the law conflict, the obligations of the law take precedence.
So REALTORS have integrity and as in any field, there will be a bad apple in the barrel that taints the entire lot.
So call a realtor. I use a website that links straight to our MLS so the data you get today is the same data I receive. These internet sites may contain what you think is current data but most of the data is out dated.
A bunch of calls I receive from this site and the other sites scattered across the Internet are on homes that have already sold or are pending close. The homes in question may have been up for sale in the past but are still listed for sale here because the system may not have updated the data correctly.
I hope this helps... thanks
John Phillips, , Oklahoma City, OK
Fri Sep 13, 2013
I am sorry but there should not be any scams on Trulia because only Realtors are allowed to submit their listings, and if a Realtor gets caught trying to scam a client they can and most likely will be fined and lose their license, so I for one will dissagree with you about being as bad as Craigs list:

If you need help I will be more than glad to help you:

Thank You
John Phillips
Josh Barnett, Agent, Carney, OK
Fri Sep 13, 2013
trulia.com/help and good job on catching on prior to being taken advantage of.
Tim Moore, Agent, Kitty Hawk, NC
Fri Sep 13, 2013
Nothing is as bad as Craigs List.

When you get serious contact a Realtor.