Rentals in Fair Oaks>Question Details

Ron & Da…, Renter in Half Moon Bay, CA

Why No Pets? I have a 6 year Old 17 Pound well trained Shih Tzu "

Asked by Ron & Dawn Martynow, Half Moon Bay, CA Sat Jul 13, 2013

Answers

2
In many cases offering a pet deposit may help change a landlord's mind. but too often a landlord's experience is that a tenant DOES NOT take care of a unit, and the pet odors are difficult to remove. The damage is far beyond the security deposit left.

it's to the discretion of a landlord on whether they want to allow pets. Find a pet friendly property, or better yet, consider buying your own home, at a lower price than renting, and you can have as many pets as you want.
Hi, I understand the situation as people often don;t care when there not the one buying all new carpet" Could a tenant build some sort of re-pore that there previous home rentals the landlord could say" yes these people really do care and take excellent care as if was there own property" Is there such an official document for that I could present to help my case? It Seems that from my searching all of Silicon Valley is non pet friendly and we are not in any position to buy a $700,000 dollar home at the moment.
Flag Sun Jul 14, 2013
Please don't take it personally!

The reasons are many but it comes down to established rules and guidelines. Don't give up....there are pet friendly opportunities out there. I's a matter of finding the right one.