Who do I need to contact in order to find lease to own properties and not deal with scams?

Asked by Nisha, Cedar Hill, TX Sun Jun 24, 2012

I am very interested in the lease to own option but I seem to get the run around from most realtors when I mention this option. Someone please help!!

Answers

9
Ron Thomas’ answer
Ron Thomas, Agent, Fresno, CA
Sun Jun 24, 2012
We would have absolutely no advanced insight as to who was planning a SCAM on this:

Lease/Option
You are desperate!
Your Credit or Finances, or both, will not allow you to go the conventional route:
You need the Seller to help you out!

The Seller will know it, and you are going to pay dearly for this service:
There aren't too many altruistic Sellers out there.

The terms that can be written into a Lease/Option can be dangerous to you:
How long is the Option period?
How much money are you putting in to the Option?
What happens if you are not able to execute the Option?
How do you know what your financial situation will be 2-5 years from now?
How much is the rent in the meantime?
Who will be responsible for maintenance and repair in the meantime?
What will be the Selling price 2-5 years from now?

This is the Ultimate Caveat Emptor!

Good luck and May God bless
Ereka Jones, Agent, Richardson, TX
Wed Apr 8, 2015
Visit the Trulia Agent directory for the location in which you which to rent a home in.

A licensed Realtor will not be able to handle a Lease purchase, but can locate a nice rental home for you that should not be a scammer. We are all licensed and professional. We work with landlords that are the same way.
Wefixbadcred…, , Texas
Thu Sep 27, 2012
We fix bad credit and jump credit scores 150-200 points under 9 days!

http://Www.Wefixbadcredit.org
Justasiam, , Florida
Wed Jun 27, 2012
i AM LOOKING FOR A 3-4 BR/2-3 BTHS LEASE TO OWN HOME IN FORT LAUDERDALE DOING BUSINESS DIRECTLY WITH THE OWNER. WILL PAY THE LAWYER COST FOR THE DOING THE CONTRACT. I HAVE TRIED LEAST TO OWN REALTORS BUT IS GETTINT TOO MUCH RUN AROUND. IS THERE ANYONE OUT THERE INTERESTED?.
We are all in Texas...not sure we'd be of much help.
Flag Wed Jun 27, 2012
Robin Cranda…, Agent, Cedar Hill, TX
Wed Jun 27, 2012
Hi Nisha,

I found another company that you might want to contact. http://www.rent2ownusa.com
If you have any questions please let me know.

Please consider letting me help you with qualifying for you own mortgage.
You can learn more here. http://www.freedomcreditservices.com

I hope to hear from you soon.
Respectfully,

Robin Crandall 972-896-4137
Robin@FathomRealty.com
FreedomCredit@att.net
Dixon Wong, Agent, Dallas, TX
Mon Jun 25, 2012
Hi Nisha,

I see that you are ready to purchase a lease to own home.

You really need to have a lawyer to draft up a contract with lease to own. TREC doesnt have a lease to own contract and its always the best to be protected with a written contract when you make an offer.

Good luck with everything and I hope Denice was able to help you as well.

Dixon
dixondfw@gmail.com
214-519-9493
John Greer, Agent, Dallas, TX
Sun Jun 24, 2012
Nisha,

I would not suggest to any of my clients to seek out a home that will allow a lease purchase because in my mind you will wind up either in a house you had to settle for because you didn't have your pick. You severely limit your choices that way and you end up putting 7,10,or 20% down non-refundable for the "OPTION" to purchase at the end of six months as I believe that is the legal timeframe the option must be excercised within. The lease cannot have any purchase info in it unless drawn up by an attorney. My suggestion as I look after my clients best interests is that we do one of two things:

1. If your credit is close to a 580 but not quite there and you feel very confident you are going to pay alot off, fix negatives on credit thus bringing the score at least above 580 preferrably 620, then I would say lets look for the house that you want and pose a short lease period with a seperate option to them. Not all will be in a position to take that on but many might.

2. Lets get you in to reputable credit repair and in 6-8 months have you in a house with a great rate because we waited a while to raise scores and also getting you in a home with $0down, $100down, 3.5%downn depending on type and location of loan.

Call, Email or Text me and we will make it happen!

John Greer
Realtor/ABR/SFR/Seasoned Real Estate Investor/Licensed HVAC Contractor/Licensed Manufactured Home Retailer/Property Manager and Landlord
United Real Estate Dallas
214-460-8381 Cell/Text
jgreer@unitedrealestatedallas.com
http://www.johngreerhomes.com
Dallas Texas, Agent, Dallas, TN
Sun Jun 24, 2012
1st place there are SOOOO MANY issues with lease to own which could leave YOU as the buyer OR lease the Seller in legal issue of not fulfilling the contract.

I NEVER recommend this to anyone always ends up in a disaster .

Best to locate home to lease, clear your credit , if the home is affordable where you offer purchase in the future be route I would highly recommend.

I specialize in residential leasing

Cedar Hill homes for rent Cedar Hill Tx
http://www.lynn911.com/Web/AR287090/CustomContent/index/5041417

Contact my office today where I can show you many amazing homes work with your family specifications.
Lynn911 Dallas Realtor & Consultant, Credit Repair Advisor
Multimillion Dollar Sales Producer
972-699-9111
http://www.lynn911.com

Follow me on Facebook
http://www.facebook.com/lynn911dallas
Miracle Benn…, Agent, Cedar Hill, TX
Sun Jun 24, 2012
There are not many lease to own options out there these days. Personally I don't even suggest it to people who are interested in it.

1) most homeowners who lease homes are doing it for an income. It is their investment property. They are not interested in selling. There may be some who might sell, but it is few and far between.

2) The chances of finding a home you love enough to want to own available for rent are pretty slim.
When I am asked about this, I tell people to just find a home they can live in and rent while they fix their credit and save up the needed money. When those things have been accomplished then call your REALTOR and say, "okay...I am ready! let's find my dream home!".

Your circumstances may change for the better (or worse) during your lease period. Why lock yourself in to a home you may or may not want after your lease period is up? What if you sign a contract to lease to own and after a year you still can't buy yet?

I know it is frustrating - so I will tell you the same thing I tell all the prospective clients who ask me about lease to own...don't do it. Find a rental for now. Fix your credit and save your money. When you lease is about two or three months from being over find a good REALTOR to help you
determine if you are ready to purchase - and if so, start looking for the dream home you want to buy!

I hope this helps in some small way. Please feel to call me and chat if I can help. I would be
happy to do whatever I can for you!

Miracle Bennett, REALTOR
*Your* REALTOR in Cedar Hill!
214-763-1857
RE/MAX Preferred Associates
140 W. FM 1382 #110
Cedar Hill, TX 75104