Who do I go to for rent to own options? Please help

Asked by Patricia Osborne, Sandown, NH Mon Jul 26, 2010

Trying to rent to own. Have been at the same job for 13 years credit is not great. But I am a dependable and dedicated worker and want more for my family than just an apartment.

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Ronda Allen’s answer
Ronda Allen, Agent, Plano, TX
Tue Aug 3, 2010
Patricia, any real estate agent can help, if they choose to work in lease-to-own. Some don't include leasing in their general business policy, so just walk-in at a local agency and ask for the broker/manager (yes - we still take walk-ins). They'll know which agent to suggest, based on your needs.

Residential leases are great, because you are typically dealing with an individual landlord, and your specific story on your credit history and your current financial status can more openly be discussed and included in the decision of the landlord to rent to your family, or not. I am finding 1-2 year leases common right now. Many people are in situations that will take longer than 12 months from which to recover. A 2-year residential lease is perfect for financial recovery. I'm also seeing custom short-term leases, for individuals looking for flexibility toward the end of a lease. These are great for people who are looking to time their lease to the estimated completion date of a new home, or for folks who need a little more time in order to allow their current home to sell.

Have a blessed day!
0 votes
Katie4444, Agent, Sandown, NH
Fri Jan 11, 2013
Hi Patricia,

I am a Real Estate agent in Sandown and would be happy to help you find something that fits your needs. If you are interested in me helping or even just sending you some information on what's available feel free to email me at katie@suepadden.com

Good luck and please feel free to contact me at any time.

Thank you!
0 votes
Scott Godzyk, Agent, Manchester, NH
Tue Aug 3, 2010
Patricia when looking to rent to own, a seller will want you to meet with a mortgage broker to get prequailified, they will want to know that you will be able to qualify for a mortgage to buy the house once the lease is up. Most sellers will not want to lease more than a year, so you credit has to be within their guidelines. Your first step is to meet with a local and trusted mortgage broker. this will tell you what you will need to do to be able to get a mortgage in the future, what price range you should look and what you will need for down payment and closing costs.

please see my blog for more tips and avdvice on lease purchases
0 votes
Anna M Brocco, Agent, Williston Park, NY
Tue Jul 27, 2010
Consider working with any agent--he/she can locate suitable properties, conduct showings, provide information needed, etc., also check local print media for possible by owner properties, word of mouth, etc.
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Rentals in Sandown Zip Codes

Email me when…

Learn more