Rentals in Hoboken>Question Details

jdust44, Renter in Hoboken, NJ

When should we start looking in Hoboken for a late March move-in? Our lease expires on 3/31 and we would like to move in a week or two before hand.

Asked by jdust44, Hoboken, NJ Thu Jan 31, 2013

This question was asked from this property:… target="_blank" rel="nofollow">…

0 votes Share Flag Rentals in Hoboken

here is a place that will be shown tomorrow that may work

11th & Washington St Hoboken NJ
Home is located in a well maintained walk-up building. $1725 per month rent. Fee of one months rent. In New Jersey real estate commissions are negotiable. 3/1/13 occupancy call today for an appointment and come take a look. 201.420.6636 Robert Brennan licensed real estate broker. Elysian Realty 1 Newark Street #26 Hoboken NJ.
Web Reference:
HI Jdust,

With just over 30 days before your targeted move-in you should definitely be looking now. As the Hoboken rental market is very fast-paced you need to be aware that if you see something you like and it meets your criteria you should not be gun-shy to pull the trigger as there is a chance of losing it.

Please reach out to me at or give me a call at 973.868.4034 to discuss exactly what it is that you are looking for.

Have a GREAT day!

Emil Veltre, RPh, MS, CDPE
Liberty Realty
Mid-March move-in dates are coming to market now. You can complete the form on my website with your criteria and I'll send you listings. You can also search all available listings here;

Kristin Ehrgott
Prudential Castle Point Realty
You should start looking now for a March 15th move in.
Our office Liberty Realty's 525 Washington Street office does about 100 rentals a month.
We have the largest selection of rentals in Hoboken.
You should look on our web site to start your search.
Feel free to email me with any questions
Thanks for writing.
David Bistany
Liberty Realty, LLC
You should start looking soon. You are actually looking for a 3/15 move in. I would be glad to help you see what is available.
Hi Jdust,
If you are one of the lucky folks who is able to actually buy, you should consider that in place of entering into a new lease. The market is poised for a steep rise, and this is likely to be your last chance to buy at a reasonable price, that is if you are able to get a loan, of course.

I do tell all my friends they would be sorry in a year or two that they have not purchased real estate while it was still affordable.

There are still short sales and bank owned properties that allow you to buy and pay only a slightly higher monthly payment than to your landlord for rent. In my opinion it is a no-brainer. Instead of lining your landlord's pockets, you would be building your own equity.

If you are interested to see where the market is headed, check my article here:…

If you do want to purchase you would have to assume 2-3 months duration, which means you would probably need to negotiate a month to month extension to your lease.

Please let me know if I can be of help.

Amos Elroy
CDPE (Certified Distressed Property Expert),
SFR (Short-Sale Specialist Certified)
NAEA Member (National Association of Expert Advisers)

Residential Real Estate Investment Consultant
Lic. Realtor Associate
EXIT On The Hudson Realty
(888) 462-6573 / (888) HOB-NJRE
FAX (888) 462-6573
Office 201-437-0411
Hi Jdust44, I am an agent who Lives & works in Hoboken. I would start looking 60 days out, which is now. If you have an idea of the Size, Location (uptown/downtown), Views, etc. you are looking for please feel free to drop me an email, I can send you the building details & pictures.
So I actually need to be OUT of my current place by 3/31, so April 1 is a no go. Is it generally possible to move in prior to the 1st of the month?
Hi jdust, i you are going to be looking for another apartment I would suggest you start searching soon for a mid March move in or for an April 1 move in..

Start your search as soon as possible. Most rentals don't hit the market until around 45 days before the availability date. However, the market is so tight right now if you can jump on something early you will avoid the crush of renters looking 45-30 days out. We just had a April 1st rental go in a couple of days in mid January. Start looking now and if you see something you like jump on it.

Andres Garcia - Sales Associate, CDPE - RE/MAX Gold Coast Realty - 56 Newark Street, Hoboken, NJ 07030 - Direct: 201 795-5200 x340 - - MileSquareRealty on Facebook