When a owner decides to rent their home with upper and lower units (2 tenants), are they required to register with the state of MD?

Asked by lisarh14, Greenbelt, MD Wed Mar 6, 2013

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Rocsheen Hol…, Agent, Bethesda, MD
Fri Mar 8, 2013
Here is the link for homes built before 1979:


A rental license is required to rent a single-family dwelling with the following exceptions: the tenant is the landlord's parent, son, daughter, sibling, grandchild, grandparent or in-law; the landlord is an active member of any branch of the United States Armed Forces, Diplomatic Corps, or Foreign Service who maintains the subject property as her or his domicile and permanent residence; or the landlord has been relocated for employment or education, maintains the subject property as her or his domicile and permanent residence. A rental license application can be obtained from Housing Enforcement at (301) 883-6100.

Check with them

Rocsheen R. Holston
Realty Direct
Web Reference:  http://www.dmvmetrohomes.com
1 vote
Akil Walker, Agent, Upper Marlboro, MD
Sat May 25, 2013
Hi Lisarh14,

yes. if you need assistance reach me below.
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Rentals in Upper Marlboro Zip Codes

Email me when…

Learn more