What would be the cost to hire a real estate agent to find a rental property?

Asked by Ashley Maldonado, Virginia Beach, VA Sun Feb 10, 2013

Answers

6
Richard Cald…, Agent, Chesapeake, VA
Sun Feb 10, 2013
Normally the landlord covers the fee.
I can help with finding the property, as well as negotiate rent and lease.
When are you heading our way?
Thank you. I am currently staying with family in Chesapeake, however I am looking to move within the next month or two. I am looking in the Virginia Beach, I would greatly appreciate your help.

-Ashley Maldonado
ashley_maldonado08@yahoo.com
Flag Sun Feb 10, 2013
Cheryl Talbot, Agent, Virginia Beach, VA
Sun Feb 10, 2013
The services for you should be free. There aren't fees paid by you in getting someone to assist you in finding a rental. If you still need assistance, contact Rose & Womble Property Management division. It's all they do for you the public. They assist individuals looking to rent. They will find you what you can afford for where you want to live. Just contact them.
Thank you Cheryl, I wasn't sure of the process since I relate real state agents with buyers & sellers. -Thank you for the information!
Flag Sun Feb 10, 2013
Ron Clark, Agent, Virginia Beach, VA
Mon Feb 11, 2013
Ashley,

There should NEVER be a fee charged to you for assistance in finding a rental unit. I urge you to visit my web site which is http://www.ronclark.us or call me directly at 757 754 8498 Although the compensation is minimal and it comes from the owner or property manager .....helping you begins the relationship that could help you down the road to become a home owner. There are many reasons why people decide to rent for a year, especially when they are coming to a new state or a new community. Often they want to settle in a bit before making that important purchase. I urge you to call or contact me at ronclark@williamewood.com
Robert H. As…, , Virginia Beach, VA
Mon Feb 11, 2013
Ashley, that is a great question. I think you should also ask can I actually afford a home where I want to live. If you are a first time home buyer http://www.vhda.com works with local lenders to provide affordable 100% finance options to first time home buyers when you add in that sellers are still paying closing cost owning a home may be more affordable than you may think. On top of that to help you make such a decission VHDA also sponsors FREE 6 hour courses for homeownership education. I am actaully facilitating a class on the 23rd of this month at Beach Ford 2717 Virginia Beach, Blvd. Virginia Beach 23452. If you would like to attend please just let me know so that I will have enough books on hand. If you want to browse home in the area you are seeking try http://www.chooseahomenow.com

Robert H. Ashburner
NMLSR 607856
Monarch Mortgage
2809 South Lynnhaven Road, Suite 200
Virginia Beach, Virginia 23452
(757) 652-5851
Heather Dugg…, Agent, Virginia Beach, VA
Mon Feb 11, 2013
Typically, the landlord pays any fees involved with renting their property. There is no need for you to pay anyone to find you a rental when there are so many local real estate agents willing to help you.
Misty Mount, Agent, Yorktown, VA
Sun Feb 10, 2013
Typically buyers and renters do not pay for their agent, the seller/landlord does.

Misty Mount
Long and Foster Realtors
540 903 6686