What rights do a tenant have if the house their renting is suddenly going up for foreclosure (non-payment of taxes)?

Asked by Octavia Griffin, Sat Feb 23, 2013

This question was asked from this property: http://www.trulia.com/rental/3095571674-19965-Cooley-St-Detr…

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Hayward Litt…, Agent, Troy, MI
Sat Feb 23, 2013
Let me first say, for answers to legal questions, it is best to consult with an attorney. Based on my experience, if you have a valid and bonafide lease, you may be able to use the Protecting Tenants in Foreclosure Act of 2009. This would allow you to remain in the property for the remainder of the lease or give you 90 (not 30) days to move.

Again, it is best to seek advice from an attorney when dealing with legal matters.

Best of luck.
0 votes
Thanks for the advice.
Flag Sat Feb 23, 2013
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more