What is the largest home I could rent close to Northwestern University?

Asked by Daniel Hamburger, 60201 Sun Oct 13, 2013

I want to rent a home beginning either summer or fall 2014. I am looking for a home with the largest number of bedrooms available, with preference to proximity to Northwestern University's Evanston Campus.

Answers

4
Lukasz Wojo, Agent, Evanston, IL
Thu Jan 30, 2014
Generally speaking, Evanston holds what the students titled the "Brothel law," or "three unrelated law," which states there cannot be more than two unrelated individuals living in a single residence, which significantly reduced the market for 4+ bedroom residences. You should still be able to find some in the area, but again, the three-unrelated-law would apply.
Noah Seidenb…, Agent, Evanston, IL
Sun Oct 13, 2013
Daniel are you a student of just interested in being near the campus? Everything that Dale and Evelyn says is true but I am curious about hearing more information on your needs.
Dale Lubotsky, Agent, Evanston, IL
Sun Oct 13, 2013
Currently, the ordinance reads that no more than 3 unrelated people are to be living together in a home. Most of the homeowners near NU discourage renting to a large # of students.
Evelyn S. Fr…, Agent, Chicago, IL
Sun Oct 13, 2013

it will depend on 2 things: 1) what is your budget, and, 2) what's available at the time of your move in date.