Rentals in Sunnyvale>Question Details

neodeo, Renter in Sunnyvale, CA

What is the best way to find 2BR townhomes/condos for rent in Sunnyvale area? I tried craigslist but haven't had much success.

Asked by neodeo, Sunnyvale, CA Wed Jan 23, 2013

Is there some place else than craigslist I should check out to find 2 BR townhomes/condos for rent in sunnyvale area?

Answers

5
Unfortunately, very few property managers use the MLS so Craigslist has been the rental website. As you may have learned there are a good number of scammers.

You can post your own "wanted" add on Craigslist. Use social media to get the word out to your circle of friends, ask around a work to find out if they have an intranet, and drive around looking for signs. There are very few rentals so I wish you much success.

Have an amazing day!
Web Reference: http://www.terrivellios.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Jan 23, 2013
I agree with you. I could find only a couple of on craigslist either. Loads of scammers there. So ended up wasting a bit of my time too. Thanks anyways.
Flag Wed Feb 20, 2013
Not really... Craigslist may be it. The inventories are super low now, both rental and sale.
Web Reference: http://talisrealestate.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Jan 23, 2013
Thanks Elena. I came to the same conclusion after looking around for a while.
Flag Wed Feb 20, 2013
Hi Anand,
Will have a very nice, immaculate 2bed condo for rent in Santa Clara available sometime in the mid June timeframe. If you'd like a preview, let me know. (408) 893-2410.
By the way I ended up renewing lease at my current place and still looking for a townhome/condo for rent.
What do you mean by "haven't had much success"? Do you mean not many rental listings in craigslist meet your criteria? Or you see lots of listings but are getting beat out for those rentals?

Trulia lists rentals, but you have to watch out for bogus rental listings. If they sound too good to be true, it might be a scam.
I have not been able to find even a handful listings though searched craigslist, trulia, zillow etc.
Flag Wed Feb 20, 2013