What is the best areas to live within a one hour distance from the Houston Airport?

Asked by Rhea, Valrico, FL Tue Apr 10, 2012

Looking for at least a 3 br house for rent the first week of June must be at the maximum an hour from Houston Airport. I will be moving with my husband and our dog from Florida.

Answers

18
Elaine Grier’s answer
Elaine Grier, Agent, Spring, TX
Tue Apr 10, 2012
Rhea, The Woodlands or Kingwood, without a doubt. Both are lovely communities with plenty of amenities, pleasant environments and within about a 20-30 min drive from the airport. Let me have your email and I'll send you some useful information. Welcome to Texas.

Elaine Grier
Keller Williams Professionals.
ecgrier@kw.com.
Slkeith, Home Buyer, Tomball, TX
Tue May 22, 2012
I live in Village Creek about a 25 min drive to IAH. Great neighborhood.
Carolyn Wolfe, Agent, Houston, TX
Sun Apr 15, 2012
Have you contacted a Realtor yet? You have many choices of neighborhoods to live in depending on yur price range. Feel free to check out my website and/or send me an e-mail and I will be happy to send you searches of the best neighborhoods for you with mapping tools so you can see your commute. We should be able to find you something within 30 minutes drive time in The Woodlands or Spring.
Polly Royer, Agent, Fulshear, TX
Wed Apr 11, 2012
The Woodlands is a great community. Please give me a call at 832-594-2520 for more information.
Only if you want too pay too much for a house and pay exorbitant tax. But is is nice.
Flag Tue May 22, 2012
Margie Johns…, Agent, Cypress, TX
Tue Apr 10, 2012
Personally I do agree with Joe. With the price of gas these days if you only want to visit the beach once in awhile; much better to live between HWY 249 and I-45 for access to the airport.
Web Reference:  http://margie.garygreene.com
Joe Cano Jr, Agent, Houston, TX
Tue Apr 10, 2012
Stay up North, Woodlands, Tomball, or even Spring.
Margie Johns…, Agent, Cypress, TX
Tue Apr 10, 2012
As a flight attendant you may not always be traveling at rush hour times which can expand the distance that you can live from the airport and still have it be within an hour. You will find that the gulf is quite different than the beach in Florida, but if it is important for you to have access to Galveston and the gulf area, Clearlake may be an option for you.
Rhea, Home Buyer, Valrico, FL
Tue Apr 10, 2012
Our hobbies are doing outdoor activities, going out to dinner and a movie, and going to the beach. I was born and grew up in Florida my whole life. We do not have child. We are newlyweds. I know nothing about Texas so I need help. I will be a Flight attendant for United at IAH which means I need to be there within a hour.

Thank you for all your help.
Margie Johns…, Agent, Cypress, TX
Tue Apr 10, 2012
"Best" area will depend on more factors than you have conveyed so far. What type of lifestyle you lead, how much you are able and willing to spend per month, how large is the house and yard that you need, etc. Give me a call of click on my picture to send me a message and I can help you set up a search of different areas to assist you with your search. Keep in mind anything on the market today will not likely be available in June if it is a desireable property. My cell # is 281-798-4100
Debbie Hoffa…, , Harris County, TX
Tue Apr 10, 2012
Good Afternoon,

There are several areas that would be around an hour, Oak Forest/Garden Oaks, Spring Branch area, Jersey Village, Cyfair, Midtown, The Heights are a few. Please contact me and we can discuss what you are needing.

Have a great day,
Debbie Hoffart
Prudential Premier Properties
cell: 713-416-7937
debbieh@preproperties.com
Kallie Colem…, Agent, Houston, TX
Tue Apr 10, 2012
Try the Spring or Champions area. It's very nice and has a new dog park. Good luck to you!
Joe Cano Jr, Agent, Houston, TX
Tue Apr 10, 2012
which airport does he work?

281 785-132
I am going to be a FA hopefully based in IAH. I find out in a coupl weeks. just trying to find out the good areas.
Flag Tue Apr 10, 2012
Valarie Rich…, Agent, 77380, TX
Tue Apr 10, 2012
I live in The Woodlands and love it. I moved here from California almost 10 years ago.
I would be happy to help you. it is 20 minutes to the IAH Bush Airport.
There are all price ranges in the area.

Here is a great website with all kind of information on The Woodlands.
http://www.woodlandsonline.com/

Valarie Richardson
Houston Realty
832-642-1879
Har.com/ValRichardson
Vonda Gideon, , Houston, TX
Tue Apr 10, 2012
So many areas to select from. Start with The Woodlands as it is a popular community located to the North of IAH. Also, Kingwood. With a pet, you may enjoy the nature trails both The Woodlands and Kingwood have to offer. Gleannloch Farms also may be of interest. Feel I need a bit more information from you regarding importance of location and convenience to narrow list.
David Tansey, Agent, Houston, TX
Tue Apr 10, 2012
There are alot of nice communities near West side I-10 and Beltway-8. The area is about 30-40min. from both airports.
Web Reference:  http://www.DaveRealty.com
Joe Cano Jr, Agent, Houston, TX
Tue Apr 10, 2012
We need much more information. What's your hobby? What do you do after work? Do you have any children? Price range? Live close to water? One story or two? First guess if your from Florida, try the Clear Lake area. My office is in Clear Lake, although I reside in the city. Give me a call. I would love to help you.

Joe Cano - Realtor/Locator
(281) 785-5132
Our hobbies are doing outdoor activities, going out to dinner and a movie, and going to the beach. I was born and grew up in Florida my whole life. We do not have child. We are newlyweds. I know nothing about Texas so I need help. I will be a Flight attendant for United at IAH which means I need to be there within a hour. $1100 is our max..Does not matter on stories. I just have a 50lb dog she is 4yr. We currently live in an apartment.

Thank you for all your help.
Flag Tue Apr 10, 2012
Lane Mabray, Agent, Houston, TX
Tue Apr 10, 2012
The Woodlands or Kingwood. Both of these are major planned communities and are nice with good schools and community amenities. Please be aware there are other subdivisions but are not as nice, but priced accordingly. Call me if you want the advice of a 50 yr. resident of the Houston area.
Lane Mabray CRS GRI CLhms
RE/MAX Westside Realtors
281-925-3023
Adrienne Gill, Agent, Houston, TX
Tue Apr 10, 2012
Are you talking about Bush International Airport or Hobby?

If Bush, I would definitely recommend Kingwood or The Woodlands and some areas of Spring. It really depends on what you are looking for though. Do you have children, do you want new shopping areas, etc? I'd be happy to talk with you more about the options near the airport. There are many variables but it would be my pleasure to assist you in finding the perfect place. Visit my profile to contact me.