What is a voucher?

Asked by Patti, Cheyenne, WY Thu Jul 25, 2013

Answers

3
Brandon Jenk…, Agent, Sugar Land, TX
Thu Jul 25, 2013
Patti,

You are most likely talking about a Housing Choice Voucher. It is a Government program that provides assistance to families with low income and/or disabilities. The programs works by providing people with a portion of their rent while requiring (in most cases) the family to pay the remainder. Homes have to be inspected and approved before any funding is given. Homes are also inspected annually. The tenant is still responsible for the lease and the landlord signs an additional agreement with the Housing Authority. Tenants can not owe back rent or have recent or significant criminal history. Typically you will find persons who have housing, have been on housing for quite some time and play by the rules. In the past, I managed an apartment community that accepted housing and didn't have any problems.
Persis Behra…, Agent, Cinco Ranch, TX
Thu Jul 25, 2013
Hello Patti, you are probably talking about a housing voucher - section 8 perhaps. If you are, this is an assistance that the government gives to those that have lower income to help them with their housing.

Persis
persis.realtor@gmail.com
713-294-7747
Tom Tillery, Agent, Charleston, SC
Thu Jul 25, 2013
A voucher is a form/document authorizing a payment or credit against a purchase or expense to be made in the future. I have asked my company for a voucher to pay me back for office items I personally picked up for the office. Expense payable will treat this as a check and re-imburse you.