What are the best places to live in Las Vegas?

Asked by Hodgelaqueta472, Las Vegas, NV Sun Aug 26, 2012

I currently live in California and am relocating to Vegas within the next few months. What are the best neighborhoods to live in? I'm looking for an apartment that is walking distance to stores or is close to public transportation. I just need help sorting out the good areas from the bad ones. The max I can pay per month is around $800.
If you can, please give me specific locations because I've already asked this question & I wasn't getting a general idea on anything. Please and thank you in advance.

Answers

4
Becky Zisk, Agent, Henderson, NV
Mon Aug 27, 2012
There are many good places to live in Las Vegas. The Henderson/Green Valley location is excellent around the "District" where they have Apts., Grocery Stores (Whole Foods), retail shopping, Movie theatres, and is very close to the 215 for commuting. I don't know where your job will be located so it is a little difficult to give you more specifics. Becky Zisk
David Cooper, Agent, Los Angeles, CA
Mon Aug 27, 2012
Flamingo Road 2 to 6 miles West of Caesars Palace. Cross Street Durango,
Sia Howe, Home Owner, Las Vegas, NV
Mon Aug 27, 2012
Hello, I have to agree with much of what Matt and Kim say. However....I do not agree with the fast pase of Summerlin and Summerlin does have tons of parks, some of the absolute best in the city with walking and biking trails all with the back drop of some of the most beautiful and interesting mountains in the world, Red Rock. You will find that long time Vegans like Mat and Kim and I (by the way they are one of my best and longest friends) are either west side (Summerlin) or east side (Green Valley) people. I think Summerlin is less congested, prettier with more accessable amenities like freeways, shopping, dining, movies, hiking etc. However, Green Valley people boast the same. So putting it short you really can not go wrong with either side of town. Much of it will depend where you work, you will not want to cross the strip every day if you can help it. There are many condo communities in Summerlin along bus routes and close to shopping, dining ect. Park One and Canyon Gate to name a couple. Green Valley also has nice communities that would serve your needs.

Warm Regards,
Sia M. Howe, ASD, MIRM, CSP
Prudential Americana Group, REALTORS®
10777 West Twain Avenue, Suite 333
Las Vegas, NV 89135
Cell: 702.205.3093
http://www.HomesBySia.com
Matthew D'Er…, Agent, Las Vegas, NV
Mon Aug 27, 2012
Welcome to the greatest city in the world. You're going to love it here as we have since 1976. Kim and I have lived in Summerlin and Green Valley/Henderson and we prefer Green Valley because of the slower pace, greater number of parks/walking paths. Henderson just made the list of top cities to live. So here are some items to consider for you to think about: If you like the mountains and faster pace of life go to Summerlin because it's close to Mt. Charelston. If you like going to the Lake, fishing, boating, slower pace of life and many parks, walking paths go to Green Valley or Green Valley Ranch, 7 Hills are. Both are same distance to the strip. The area with the lowest crime rate is 7 Hills/Anthem which boarders Green Valley/Green Valley Ranch. Try to get a condo or townhouse if you can go up to 850-900 per month. If you need any other information about car care, hair nails, places to go and see just let us know. If you want to make friends fast, extend your self, join some clubs, church, etc. Oh..please guard you moving truck if you're using one...they get stolen a lot so protect it if you have to park it for a night or two prior to unloading it. If you need help finding a condo or townhouse let us know. Good luck, Matt and Kim

Matthew D’Ercole
One Source Realty and Management
Cell - 702.501.0973
Website - http://matthewsellslasvegas.las.mlxchange.com