What are the best neighborhoods in Orlando, FL?

Asked by Patricia Fleming, San Diego, CA Sat Jun 22, 2013

Answers

8
Zahide Walla…, Agent, Orlando, FL
Sat Jun 22, 2013
Hi Patricia, I am an residential real estate agent in East Orlando and personally enjoy where I work, live and play; Lake Nona area! Unfortunately, single family rentals in the $900-1500 range in this area come far and few in between but you can find a townhome in that range over here if you are interested. Also, when looking, do not exclude the Orlando outskirt communities that are often less expensive like Kissimmee/St Cloud, Ocoee and Winter Garden to name a few. Good luck!
Michael Joynt, Agent, Orlando, FL
Sat Jun 22, 2013
The one's that make you happy!!
Patricia Fle…, Renter, San Diego, CA
Sun Jun 23, 2013
Thanks Zahide, I will keep a look out for a condo/townhouse in the Lake Nona area, and I am currently checking the Kissimmee, Winter Garden areas.
You may also consider Avalon Park and Waterford Lakes which is about 15-20 minutes from Lake Nona. Avalon is a little bit more quieter than Waterford Lakes. I have lived in both areas and I favor Avalon Park more but both areas are great. You may find a house in Avalon to rent for around $1,500 but you will definitely be able to find a townhouse for less than that. I'm looking for myself again in the Avalon Park area. I want a townhouse.

Flag Thu Jun 27, 2013
Patricia Fle…, Renter, San Diego, CA
Sat Jun 22, 2013
A little more definition of best; to me best means low crime areas. This is my main concern of picking a place for retirement, not only for safety reasons but also considering insurance rates. Thanks, again (-:
Patricia Fle…, Renter, San Diego, CA
Sat Jun 22, 2013
Thank you for your response. I have since become more informed through the expertise of a friend who currently lives in the Orlando area and is very familiar with the various areas surrounding Orlando. I am 63, retired and looking for a nice home in a nice quiet area. Approx. range is $900-$1500, depending on amenities. I will take a trip to Florida next month to physically view some properties that are current at that time. Thanks.
Vincent Paige…, Agent, Orlando, FL
Sat Jun 22, 2013
Define best, also need price range. and location in central FL. Orlando/Windermere/

VP
Don Shippey, Agent, Orlando, FL
Sat Jun 22, 2013
Hi Patricia, The answer to your question depends in part on how you determine the best neighborhood. Some are mainly concerned with best school zones. Others want a community with no children. Some want to be near shopping and others want to be in rural areas away from traffic.

The biggest consideration for most buyers in determining the best neighborhood is usually price. Some areas are more expensive than others so your question would be easier to answer if phrased "What are the best neighborhoods in the 200-300k range, or 300-500k range", etc....

Some areas that previoous clients have considered the best neighborhoods are Lake Nona, Hunters Creek, Avalon, Dr Phillips, Baldwin Park, and College Park. There are others.

Let us know what is important to you and a price range and it will be easier to narrow down.
Good Luck

DON SHIPPEY CDPE*, SFR*
Broker Associate
*Certified Distressed Property Expert
*Short Sales & Foreclosures Resource
Military Housing Specialist
RE/MAX Properties SW
Cell 407-925-2318
Office 407-857-7600
E-mail: donrshippey@aol.com
http://www.OrlandoRealtyOnline.com
Melissa Gera…, Agent, Tonawanda, NY
Sat Jun 22, 2013
Hard to answer this without knowing your price range or what kind of neighborhood you're looking for. Some are more geared to active adults, others families and so on...