What are some suggestions on how to prepare a space to sublet it?

Asked by Trulia Boston, Boston, MA Thu Jan 31, 2013

Should one remove all furniture? Books? Electronics? Should one leave their kitchen cookware and dishes for my subletter? Generally, does a subletter pay more for a furnished space than they would for an unfurnished space?

Answers

3
Endre Barath’s answer
Endre Barath, Agent, Beverly Hills, CA
Mon Feb 4, 2013
These are great recommendation, I would also suggest to take pictures or a video of the condition of the property to make sure how you turned it over and if there is damage you would have visual evidence of the contrary!

Endre Barath,Jr
Prudential California Realty
Beverly Hills, CA
homes@endrebarath.com
310.486.1002(m)
Web Reference:  http://www.endrebarath.com
Mariana Gals…, Agent, Boston, MA
Sat Feb 2, 2013
First thing you should make sure of is if you're lease allows a sublet. If you're allowed to sublet then you would need to put all terms in writing I.e all inclusions and collect a security deposit for any unforseen damages. As for how much to charge, look on Craigslist for similar places for rent and charge accordingly.
Hope this helps.
Mariana Galstian
My Boston Condo
Mario Pavli, Agent, Boston, MA
Thu Jan 31, 2013
Usually it would be a bit more if the unit is furnished. I would remove the electronic and just keep everything else.

Best Of Luck