We want to rent a house which is still on the market for sale. What are the correct clauses to ask for in our lease?

Asked by charmcitygirl, Hudson, NY Mon Jul 9, 2012

We asked for 24 hrs notice, and 5 months with no showings. Is there something else to consider?

Answers

4
Martina Ryan’s answer
Martina Ryan, Agent, Bayside, NY
Wed Jul 11, 2012
This depends on how long you want to rent. If you have a long lease you can stay after the house is sold. You can also ask the owner to only show your area to serious buyers. This must be a multi -family house? Try to get legal advise before you sign the contract.
Anna M Brocco, Agent, Williston Park, NY
Tue Jul 10, 2012
Don't simply rely on online information, consult with an attorney who specializes in real estate.
Gail Gladsto…, Agent, 11743, NY
Tue Jul 10, 2012
Speak with an attorney to cover yourself. As a landlord and Realtor, I would never agree to 24 hour notice if I really wanted to sell the property.

Do get a long lease. The lease will supersede the sale.
Jessica Eldr…, Both Buyer And Seller, Atlanta, GA
Mon Jul 9, 2012
You should also ask that whether penalty is there, if you want to move before the lease is up?