We "may" be moving to LA. Is there someone (person/company) that assists with obtaining rental property?

Asked by Danny McAuley, Los Angeles, CA Mon Apr 8, 2013

Looking for small, inexpensive place for couple of months (efficiency or rental room) and a 2-3 bedroom place after my initial arrival.

Answers

6
SoCal Prefer…, , Los Angeles, CA
Thu May 16, 2013
Google Rental homes and you will find plenty of it. The best suggestion is to find a set budget and work with that. If you are looking for something really cheap, try san fernando valley. Not a very clean area, but works well for low income families.
Moses Kagan, , Los Angeles, CA
Fri Apr 12, 2013
I would recommend taking a look at therentalgirl.com. They always have interesting 2-3 bed places.
Alyssa Fry, Agent, Studio City, CA
Mon Apr 8, 2013
In regards to your short term relocation, an agent may not be the way to go and it will be difficult to find. I would check out Westside Rentals, Craigslist , etc. for that. Just be careful of scams. As for a 2-3 bedroom place after you are here, make sure you are clear as to what area you are hoping for. Los Angeles is a large city and has many suburban outskirts as well. The prices vary a lot depending upon the area. Also, make sure you know what the current market for rentals are. Depending upon where you are moving from, you may be in for a shock. I would expect to pay a minimal of $2200/month for 2-3 bedroom home and about $1800 at least for a condo/townhome/apartment. I work the San Fernando Valley area if you would like help with your long term lease and that is an area you may look at.
carlos parra…, Other Pro, Monrovia, CA
Mon Apr 8, 2013
Yes, most local Real estate Agents will help you. Don't worry, usually, the Landlord pays the fee.
Diane McDona…, Agent, Los Angeles, CA
Mon Apr 8, 2013
Hi Dmac, I have a short term lease available in the Hollywood Hills, and I can talk to you about other accommodations.

Diane McDonald
Tony Warfield, Agent, Manhattan Beach, CA
Mon Apr 8, 2013
What is your definition of inexpensive?? On top of that you want something short term...that is very hard to come by, most landlords are looking for long term tenants.