We'll be relocating to Houston at the end of August. Looking to rent a single family house.

Asked by Robert Duval, Houston, TX Sun Jul 29, 2012

3 BR, 2 BA, 2 car garage. We have two dogs. Interested in something within a reasonable commute of my new job.

Answers

10
Voices Member’s answer
Voices Member, , Los Angeles, TX
Sun Jul 29, 2012
Evening Mr. Duval,

Comments by all the other agents/realtors/brokers contain important information. Two other thoughts are:

(1) With the information you would need to provided to anyone representing you, a personal daily report on properties that meet you needs would be setup (your personal Gateway on HAR) and with the information ahead of time you would already have an idea of what best suits your needs--making the process less stressful.
(2) http://www.arlingtontx.gov/animals/pdf/DangerousDogs.pdf - (this is a website for checking to see if your dogs are on the list) breed and dog weight/size can prevent your being acceptable to a landlord.

With additional information on your situation, PV Properties will be glad to setup a Gateway in your name on our website with the Houston Board of Realtors (HAR).

We welcome you to our hometown, Houston!

Brenda Peavy, Broker
PV Properties
http://www.har.com/PVProperties
281-497-1290
brenda@pv-properties.com
Al Geffon, Agent, Houston, TX
Sun Jul 29, 2012
Robert ...

Welcome to Houston. I'll need a little more information to pinpoint locations for you. What is your budget? Where will you be working? How large are the dogs? Does anyone in your household smoke? Please let me know, and I'll be happy to forward you some listings of available properties. My e-mail address is below. I look forward to working with you.

Regards ...

Al Geffon
(713) 213-6350
al@algeffon.com
Web Reference:  http://www.har.com/algeffon
Carolyn Wolfe, Agent, Houston, TX
Wed Aug 8, 2012
School starts August 27th in the Houston area, if you havent chosen a Realtor to represent you as your Buyer's agent yet, then check out our websites and contact one of us right away.
Depending on your price range and the location of your job, we should be able to find you just the right place!
Anthony Tayl…, Agent, HOUSTON, TX
Mon Aug 6, 2012
Hello and I'll welcome you Houston. if you and your family would like to look at some new lease homes please call me. I'll be happy to help you and your family.

Call Broker ( Anthony Taylor ) 281-948-8839
Wole Omoguns…, Agent, Houston, TX
Sun Jul 29, 2012
Mr. Duval,

You are welcome to this lovely city of Houston. As a relocation and leasing specialist with Texans Dream Realty, I will be glad to work for you. In addition to your dog infomation, more info on your job location as well as maximum budget will help a lot in the process.

Again, I will be glad to work for you. Congratulations also for your job.

Wole Omogunsoye
832.272.5783
Wole@texansdreamrealty.com
Persis Behra…, Agent, Cinco Ranch, TX
Sun Jul 29, 2012
Hello Mr. Duval,

I am sure you are happy to hear from all of us who are ready to help you.

Since you are specific about the commute, I would first need to find out where your new job is located. This helps us determine a few areas that you can choose from, and still search per your specifications.

I would also like to find out what your budget is per month, so we can cater the search based on that. Landlords also specify whether they allow smoking or not, just as they do with pets.

Will you be in Houston before the move to look for some places? Also, it would be a really good idea to start looking right away. If you would like to know the process of the rental transactions, I would be happy to explain.

Persis
713-294-7747
persis.realtor@gmail.com
Courtney Pat…, Agent, Houston, TX
Sun Jul 29, 2012
Houston City Living Leasing & Realty is a full service leasing company the specializes in rental homes. We work with several investors in the area and offer a wide variety of rental options.
We also help with relocation as well. Our services offer a small rebate to help with moving cost and such. Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon!
Courtney Patel
Broker
Houston City Living
713)384-4832
Debra Zamarr…, Agent, Houston, TX
Sun Jul 29, 2012
Hi Robert,
I can certainly assist you in finding something that meets the needs of you and your family. Please contact me at dgzamarron@gmail.com
Debra Zamarron
James, Agent, Harris, MN
Sun Jul 29, 2012
where will be your work location? I think I can help. Call me at 713-385-1530. Thanks, James
Sabrina McKn…, Agent, Houston, TX
Sun Jul 29, 2012
Robert,

Now is a great time to start looking into neighborhoods, including distances and commute times. If you would like some assistance, I'd be glad to help. Please keep in mind that rentals in Houston go very quickly (depending on the area and condition of the home). Give me a call or shoot me and email so we can discuss.

Sabrina Dupas
Better Homes & Gardens Real Estate Gary Greene
(832) 264-3958 cell
sabrina.dupas@garygreene.com