Rentals in 85132>Question Details

Tara Lentz, Renter in San Tan Valley, AZ

We just found out that the house we are renting is in forclosure and has been.

Asked by Tara Lentz, San Tan Valley, AZ Tue Apr 3, 2012

We only found out because they taped a notice on the door that the house is going to auction in June. The landlord NEVER notified us of this. We also recieved a noticed saying the mortgage hasn't been paid since last year. This really upsets me because I was late one month and called to let them know I was going to be late and they gave me a lecture about how they needed to pay their mortgage and I needed to pay them fees for being late. (this was in Jan). So when I went to talk to them about this they told me that they were unable to refinance but might qualify for short sale. They want us to continue paying them rent. what are our options?

0 votes Share Flag Rentals in 85132

If their home is in foreclosure WHY would you continue to pay rent?? On your next rental check with a Realtor to find out if the owners of the home you are going to rent have been paying their payment.

What does your lease state? What terms are you under? The blog Bea suggested below is also very good.

Would they like to look at a Short Sale? Short Sale is an option to consider that might benefit both of you, I would be glad to explain how it might work out.
Many of your questions can be answered here
You really dont have many options. Once the home sells maybe the new owner will rent it to you. However you should look for a new place. This happens all the time unfortunately. Have you thought about purchasing your own place? If your intetested in being prequalified call me. It takes 20minutes. 602 451 5472 jason coleman license #216248