We have a house with the basement a 1 bedroom apartment (legal). As you know the city of Los Angeles has RENT CONTROL

Asked by Jana C, Los Angeles, CA Sat Apr 10, 2010

I hear there is a form for the prospective tenants to sign BEFORE they move in saying they agree to move out at the end of their lease.

Another scenario: I will be out of the country for 1 year and would like to rent out my house (in rent control area) for 1 year and return. I know for a fact you can't ask them to leave without paying them a relation fee, and that's IF THEY WANT to leave if not, they can stay as long as they like. How can I protect myself since you are stuck within Rent Control areas?

Is there a Agree to vacate at end of lease form?

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Peter Silves…, Agent, West Hollywood, CA
Thu Jan 20, 2011
First, I would make very sure your place is under rent control.
Don't let someone at the end of a city phone say so.
If so, then call me and I'll have you talk to a real estate attorney. I have one for you.

Peter SIlvester
Keller Williams LF
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more