We are relocating to Pittsburgh and are looking for a 3BD, 2 BA Single family or town home west of the city (Moon, Imperial, Coraopolis, Kennedy, etc)

Asked by adferrence, Pittsburgh, PA Mon Feb 18, 2013

We've been searching for a few weeks now, but have been having a hard time finding something that has been updated. Open concept and hardwoods would be ideal. Maybe a finished basement. We've been on just about every website and I even contacted an agent that gave me listings I already saw online. Any help? Thanks.

Answers

11
William Matyger’s answer
William Maty…, Agent, Pittsburgh, PA
Sun Feb 24, 2013
I have listing at 1126 montour in coraopolis. Two story 4 bedroom 2.5 baths with two car garage that is seven years old. Call me for more information. Bill Matyger Northwood Realty. 412 951-1005
Kimberly Eld…, , Pittsburgh, PA
Sun Feb 24, 2013
I can show you a brand new listing today if you are interested in a purchase. 6050 middlefield dr. In South Fayette. Contact me to set up a time. Pics are accessible at http://www.howardhanna.com. 412-414-3065. Kim.
Joann Snyder, Agent, Coraopolis, PA
Tue Feb 19, 2013
I have a new listing at 102 Lenox Dr. in Imperial. This is a 3 bedroom 2 1/2 bath townhouse with a 2 plus car garage. Updated and just what you would like. The price is $229,000. Would you like me to make an appointment for you?
Denise Bruno, Agent, Canonsburg, PA
Tue Feb 19, 2013
It is very hard to find rental properties in the pgh area. There are a couple in my area which is Canonsburg, Peters, and North Strabane Twp. I know its not your target area but its about a 20 minute drive to Imperial Oakdale area. Price is around $1750-5000 a month. Try rent.com and Craigslist but be very careful when dealing with the site. In the past there has been real estate scams. Most sellers do not rent their homes out. Normally they need the funds for another home or they have a clause in their mortgage which prevents them to rent out their property. Be patient and you will have to compromise on a home. Give your realtor a chance. I am sure more homes will pop up. Good luck!
adferrence, Renter, Pittsburgh, PA
Tue Feb 19, 2013
Thanks for all the answers! I appreciate it. I should mention that we are looking to rent. I just wanted to see if there were any sellers that might be open to renting their property.
Shirley Goy…, Agent, Pittsburgh, PA
Tue Feb 19, 2013
Hello!
I would be happy to work with you to help find your new home. You can reach me directly by cell-text 412-977-0892 or email sgoyette@howardhanna.com. I am familiar with the Moon, Kennedy, the North West corridor area. There are many homes coming on the market and working with a Realtor is the best way to find them quickly.
Best Wishes,
Shirley Goyette, Realtor
Howard Hanna
412-977-0892
sgoyette@howardhanna.com
Benny Smith, Agent, Pittsburgh, PA
Tue Feb 19, 2013
Welocme to my area. I live south of Moon.

Are you looking to rent or buy. Craigslist is great for rentals but buying is another mater. I can set up for you, on an auto search which we can change as needed. This will be the best list of current homes for sale, including foreclosures, government owned, special financing etc. As far as those other web sites they contain homes that are off the market under contract etc. That is why you will find in some zip codes 400 homes and only 250 in a MLS search. Those other listings are a waste of your time as they are not active for sale homes. In addition I can set up a distance search from your new place of employment. This area is broken into over a hundred neighborhoods and dozens of zip codes that interlink making it hard to searh without cutting out really nice areas you my not know about.
My Best for you, Benny Smiht
Jerry Kisaso…, Agent, Mckeesport, PA
Tue Feb 19, 2013
Your best bet is Craigslist. Put your target area in the search box to narrow the results. You can also go on Homes for Sale on Craigslist and call the sellers and ask them if they'd consider renting to a clean and responsible family who will keep their property in excellent condition. Yes, you may have to sell them on you and the idea. This is a numbers game so expect to have to call about a dozen homeowners before you get a yes.

You may also consider calling around to property management companies and asking them if they have anything available (or becoming available) in the areas you're considering. Just Google "property management companies in pittsburgh."

Best wishes!

Jerry Kisasonak
(412) 628-2144
Ryan Ray, Agent, Moon Township, PA
Tue Feb 19, 2013
Are you looking to buy or rent? I specialize in the Moon area and my office is in Moon. I have a gorgeous townhouse listed for sale in Imperial. Owner may also consider renting. If interested, call or Email to discuss. 412-952-3274 or ryanray@prudentialpreferred.com
Doug Caye, Agent, Allison Park, PA
Tue Feb 19, 2013
Lynn is correct 100pct- the agent is forwarding you the most current properties- It appears though, that your question is in regard to rentals? if that is the case all I can say is Pittsburgh has a notoriously low inventory of quality rental homes and when they go on the market they are gone in days.... you should contact the agent who helped you and just get out there and tour some properties.
Lynn Bryan, Agent, Wexford, PA
Mon Feb 18, 2013
The listings you're seeing on different websites are from tne West Penn Multi List where realtors from all brokerages market their properties. The agent forwarded you what was currently available from the Multi list - that is the most current and up-to-date resource of inventory. A little patience, flexibility and the assistance of one realtor and you'll find your dream home soon!