We are going tu move to Las Vegas, I never been there, how can we find the right house, could be 10 miles from the city,we are mature working couple.

Asked by mndavila, White Plains, NY Sun Jan 1, 2012

We would like a house 3 beds. 2 baths, and a pool

Answers

9
michellelongnaker’s answer
michellelong…, , Corona, CA
Tue Oct 29, 2013
You can start off by searching local real estate agents in the Las Vegas area. Give them a call, you will then be able to determine which agent will work best for you.

Michelle
Riverside Real Estate agent
Michelle:
A couple of suggestions:
1. Check the timestamp on the questions to see when they were asked - this question is almost 2 years old.
2. Include your email in your profile so interested parties can click on your picture and contact you via email.
Flag Tue Oct 29, 2013
Dorene Slavi…, Agent, Torrance, CA
Wed Jan 25, 2012
Dear Mndavila,
Prices are certainly right in Las Vegas right now. The best thing to do is to go with an established brokerage that works in Las Vegas. I would advise going to see the city so that you are aware of the different areas before you think about buying.
You are responsible in the end for what you buy including neighborhoods,desireable and undesireable features, proximity to schools, traffic, businesses..so a trip to Vegas is in order.
The Medford…, Agent, Fremont, CA
Mon Jan 2, 2012
As stated below, find a competent Realtor in the area and have them assist you with the search. You can contact any of the agents who’ve responded to this post for a referral out there, or Google “Realtor” and the area you are most interested in and interview the Realtors that pop up.
Sameer Punja…, Agent, Vallejo, CA
Sun Jan 1, 2012
I use to have a house in Henderson, NV and I let it go. I bought it for around $240k and by the time it foreclosed it was worth $80K. I think that Henderson area is really nice, it's away from the busy strip but only takes you about 10-15 min to get there. They also built the M Casino which is a really nice place off St. Rose Pkwy. People say the Summerlin area is nice as well.

I do work with an agent out in the area, let me know if you want her info.

Lance King, Agent, San Francisco, CA
Mon Jan 2, 2012
Find an experienced, reputable agent in Las Vegas to help you. If they have experience working with out of area buyers, even better.

Lance King/Owner-Managing Broker
lance@fixedrateproperties.com
415.722.5549
DRE# 01384425
Sara Mehrpou…, Agent, Los Angeles, CA
Sun Jan 1, 2012
Vegas has a lot of deals on homes. Someone local to the area should be able to assist you. Good luck.

Sara Mehrpouyan CDPE
Specializing in Short Sale & Foreclosure
Direct: 818-903-2040
Rodeo Realty
Dre License #01712757
Web Reference:  http://athomewithsara.com
Endre Barath, Agent, Beverly Hills, CA
Sun Jan 1, 2012
Mndavila, Thank you for your question, if you would like a seasoned and savvy Realtor. Please reach out to me and I will send you one of my trusted Realtor's contact informationfrom my referral network.
Happy New Year.
Endre Barath,Jr
Coldwell Banker Beverly Hills South
homes@endrebarath.com.
Web Reference:  http://www.endrebarath.com
Emily Knell, Agent, Huntington Beach, CA
Sun Jan 1, 2012
I lived in Las Vegas for 10yrs selling real estate & still hold my license there, although I've been using it mainly to assist underwater homeowners do short sales. I can still point you in the right direction, however to all the different & popular areas of Las Vegas. My partner, Glenda is out there & when I do get interested buyers, she would be the one meeting you to look around. Between the 2 of us you would have the best possible representation.

Some of the few most popular areas would be, Henderson (which is a separate city, but still in the Las Vegas Valley), the master planned community in Henderson is either Anthem or Green Valley Ranch. In the North & SouthWest there is the master planned communities of Summerlin & Southern Highlands.

Prices have crashed BIG TIME out there, it's amazing what you can get for the price. I'm listing a home in Henderson right now that's almost 4,000sqft, only 4yrs old for $265K, it doesn't have a pool though.

Shoot me an email directly if you want to talk about this some more, I don't look back on this same Trulia thread for answers posted after mine.

EmilyKnell1@yahoo.com
562-430-3053 c
Realtor Since 1996
Main Street Realtors
Susan Bo'ur, Agent, Manhattan Beach, CA
Sun Jan 1, 2012
I would be happy to refer you to my colleague in Vegas.
Please email your criteria to me directly at Susan@BeverlyHillsLuxuryFlats.com
Susan Bo'ur
Realtor Coldwell Banker
Happy New Year!