This is not so much a question as a comment. The majority of notifications I receive from this site are scams.

Asked by Ron Hurst, Santa Barbara, CA Wed Jan 29, 2014

You can safely assume that anything listed in the downtown Santa Barbara area for under $1000 a month is fraudulent. In fact I believe the only truthful information I receive from my info requests on these properties is that the owner is in the Ukraine.

Answers

1
Tom Bashe’s answer
Tom Bashe, Agent, Temecula, CA
Wed Jan 29, 2014
Andrew

This bodes true in pretty much any area where the rents are FAR BELOW the actual averages. Scammers infiltrate sites like Trulia & Craigslist to prey on unsuspecting potential renters. I would recommend to NEVER send money before confirming the person is either the owner of the property or has the right to represent the property (Property Mgmt company). Age old statement is if it sounds to good to be true, it usually is. If this was helpful to you, please click BEST ANSWER & enjoy your day! Tom Bashe l Broker l SCA Real Estate l 951.547.0705 l Tom@SCARealEstate.com