Rentals in Round Rock>Question Details

colleenison, Renter in Round Rock, TX

Thinking we will have credit issues (home foreclosure) and have been living in a apt looking to rent a is up in aug when to look.

Asked by colleenison, Round Rock, TX Sat Apr 6, 2013

Homes for lease generally come on the market about 30-45 days before they are available, with the vast majority of those being in the beginning of the month. With that in mind, the best time to start your search will be near the end of June or very beginning of July, depending on when you are hoping to move.

Your credit situation means you need a REALTOR working for you who help you find a place that will work best with your credit to give you the best chance at avoiding any extra deposits.

Kyle Pfaffe
Keller Williams
Properties are rented very quickly so you would want to be ready 30 days before with your deposit saved and application filled out. Then when you see something you can put your application in right away. Most properties will not be held for more than 2 weeks. I can start you on a search in July so you can start to see what in on the market. Call me with your criteria and I will help you out.
Home are leasing and selling very quickly these days. You should get set up with a Realtor so you can start getting an idea of what is available. You will want to start looking seriously towards the middle of July assuming your lease is up at the end of August. Any sooner than that the homes on the market will most likely be gone by the time you are ready.

Hope this helps.

Don Groff | REALTOR® & Mortgage Broker
Austin Real Estate Pros & 360 Lending Group
o 512.669.5599 | m 512.633.4157 |
websites: |
Web Reference:
we have been in our apartment for three years and I know that we are more then likely going to have to possibly do a double rent but would really like to try and avoid that if possible...