The tenant i am renting a house to has not paid rent for August and September of 2011. I have given her many opportunities. Ineed to evict her?

Asked by Help, 88005 Thu Sep 8, 2011

Answers

3
Anna M Brocco, Agent, Williston Park, NY
Fri Sep 9, 2011
Before considering eviction, protect yourself and consult with an attorney; also see link for helpful information...
http://www.nmbar.org/Public/publicpubs/landlordtenantrelatio…
Lyn Haston, Agent, Las Cruces, NM
Fri Sep 9, 2011
Yes. You need to post a 3 day notice giving the tenant the opportunity to cure the past due rent and any late fees. If that 3 days passes you would then need to file in Magistarte Court for to get a writ to evict the tenant. All that will probably take the remainder of September. If you do not start the proceedings immediately, you could lose additional rent by not having the tenant out and a new one in before November.
Dan Tabit, Agent, Issaquah, WA
Fri Sep 9, 2011
Help,
Eviction is a very specific legal process that must be followed in order to do it right. Consult the local laws or get legal assistance. If you miss a step, you will cost yourself time, money & frustration. I'm sorry for your troubles.