Portia Rando…, Home Buyer in Atlanta, GA

The rentals are so expensive here. Are food and other expenses just as high?

Asked by Portia Randolph, Atlanta, GA Mon Jun 3, 2013

--
This question was asked from this property: http://www.trulia.com/rental/3007535388-20950-Timber-Ridge-T…

Answers

4
Turnkey Fami…, , Ashburn, VA
Mon Jun 3, 2013
I moved down from NY several years ago and found it to be pretty comparable.

The housing costs will vary depending on your proximity to major cities/ and transportation.

Here is one of many websites that might assist you when you are comparing cost of living etc.
http://www.salaryexpert.com/index.cfm?FuseAction=Cost_of_Liv…

If I can be of any assistance in sending you listings etc. please let me know

Diane from Keller Williams Realty
turnkeyfamily@gmail.com

dofoho, Both Buyer And Seller, Ashburn, VA
Fri Jun 7, 2013
As of 2007, Loudoun County had the highest median household income of any county in the United States ($107,207), beating neighboring Fairfax County, Virginia ($105,241).The two counties have been trading places as the highest-income county in the United States in recent years. This keeps real estate (to buy or rent) high. Groceries and Restaurants are on a par or even less as there are a lot of stores trying to get your business. Gasoline is higher than the rest of Virginia. Redskins Park (where they practice) is nearby (probably pushes income and real estate up). It is not uncommon to go to the grocery store and see Jaguars, BMW, Mercedes in the parking lot (used to see a black Ferrari pretty regularly at one of the Giant Supermarkets)
Geri Deane, Agent, Leesburg, VA
Mon Jun 3, 2013
Hi Portia,

As a former resident of the Atlanta area, housing prices (purchase & rentals) in Virginia are higher as compared to ATL.

Location plays a role in housing prices in both ATL & Virginia, however generally speaking you are able to purchase larger homes for less in ATL. It relates to what the market will bear in both areas.

All other costs are about the same. I found that are car insurance here is much less than ATL.

I will be glad to assist you with any further questions.

Geri
(703) 738.8264 office
www,gerideane.com
Michael Elias, Agent, Ashburn, VA
Mon Jun 3, 2013
Hi Portia,

Typically you will find Loudoun County to be more expensive than most in the area. You need to look further west or south to find a lower cost of living, however that savings is typically offset by the increased travel time to work. I'd be happy to answer any other questions you have, just send me an email at Mike@LoCoMusings.com.

Cheers,
Mike