The house on 30628 Burlington, can that green kitchen & bedroom be painted white?

Asked by cbyrd314, Detroit, MI Tue Mar 5, 2013

It is so unattractive. Love the house but the green is a really big turn off.

--
This question was asked from this property: http://www.trulia.com/rental/3105162599-30628-Burlington-St-…

Answers

4
Sandy Doner, Agent, Canton, MI
Thu Mar 7, 2013
Please call me. I am the listing agent for the home at 30628 Burlington. I have an answer for you regarding painting the kitchen & bedroom.

Sandy Doner
Associate Broker, CBR, SFR
Serving Your Real Estate Needs Since 1980
Remerica Hometown III
Direct: 734-751-4800
Robert Visin…, Agent, Huntington Woods, MI
Tue Mar 5, 2013
They look like original cupboards. If so they were probably built on site way back in 1959. The great thing about these cupboards is they are solid wood and should be easy to paint. Read the lease agreement, ask the owner, and try to make it sound like an upgrade. Same thing with the bedroom, unless it is wallpaper. Bottom line is talk to the owner first.
Haig Istambo…, Agent, Rochester, MI
Tue Mar 5, 2013

Since the home is a rental, the Landlord would have to be asked if any changes were to be made. Most landlords would allow tenants to paint, but with their approval. This one may be tricky since it is the cabinets but it never hurts to ask.

I agree with you on this one, the cabinets are tough to look at. But don't let the color prevent you from renting a nice property, that has a cosmetic issue. Nice rental homes are renting very quickly so the color could help you secure a nice house, if you can look past the cosmetic short coming. Maybe everyone else is turned off by it so it could actually help you.

I just checked on the MLS and the listing is still Active, so it is available to see if you like.

HAIG
(248) 379-6547
realtorhaig@aol.com
Sandy Doner, Agent, Canton, MI
Tue Mar 5, 2013
Thank you for your inquiry regarding the home at 30628 Burlington, Westland.

Please call me for additional information.

Sandy Doner
734-751-4800