Rentals in Glen Burnie>Question Details

Eddie Abelia, Renter in Elk Grove, CA

Rent to own or lease

Asked by Eddie Abelia, Elk Grove, CA Fri May 18, 2012

I have been looking at rent to own or lease since I am in a short sale at this moment. Is this an option I should look into vs renting if so which realty company can I trust?

Answers

4
Hi Eddie,

We specialize in rent-to-own in the Baltimore & surrounding areas (including Glen Burnie). It certainly is an option for you. We'd be sure to find a home & seller who would be able to lock in a longer term than the typical 18 months. Depending on your short sale situation, you will likely need at least 2-3 years.

You are smart to do your due diligence. Although rent-to-own has been around forever, it is a specialized niche beyond the standard training of the average realty company. The professional you choose to work with should be able to tell you the difference between a Lease Option, a Lease Purchase and Seller Financing. These are 3 different types of transactions with different contracts and different ramifications, but they all have fallen under the general "rent-to-own" term. Even better is to find a professional who has had experience with all three.

Feel free to check out our website at http://www.BuyBaltimoreProperties.com. We have an FAQ section as well as video testimonials from both buyers and sellers.

All the best!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri May 18, 2012
I would tell you to play it safe, rent but don't get involved in another train wreck now. Avoid rent to own. If you can't buy in a year os 2 then you will lose all the deposit and option money and with a short sale under your belt it is not likely a bank will loan you money when it comes time to buy the rent to own. Avoid it!!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri May 18, 2012
rent to own is a very broad and catchy term . Remember if it sounds too good to be true it is . Not an option . Best bet is to look long and hard for a for sale by owner
Doing a rent-to-own deal can be very helpful in rebuilding your credit after a short sale and it lets you start working on the purchase of a home right away. If you're looking for one, my property manager up in Elk Grove would have good leads for you.
Web Reference: http://www.archershomes.com