Relocating to CHL in a month, looking for housing in SouthPark, or Highland CR.... Can you tell me areas surrounding SouthPark that I should consider?

Asked by smharris524, Buford, GA Thu Mar 28, 2013

Answers

9
Daniel Fisher, Agent, Charlotte, NC
Mon Apr 1, 2013
Good evening, SM:
Where you locate will depend on your target monthly rental payment and required size of unit. If you need 1 bedroom and have $4000 a month to spend, your options will be different than if you need 3 bedrooms and have $1200 a month. Best to find a good property manager and have them help you find the ideal fit. If you appreciate an answer, please give thumbs up. For the most helpful answer, please say thanks with a best answer click.
dave, Agent, Charlotte, NC
Sat Mar 30, 2013
Smharris,

the Southpark adn the highland creek are two distinctly separate types of areas to live in Charlotte. Southpark has a combination of newer and older homes and is more centrally located than highland Creek. Highland creek offers more of a suburban feeling to it and Southpark is more of an urban living to it.

There are a lot of choices around the Southpark area that you can chose from. part will depend on what it is you are looking for in a house to live. How much space you want and yard and the amenties and neighborhood type fo feel you are looking for. Another factor is goign to be the budget you set up. You have neighborhods borderign and areas surronding the southpark area that range in price as well....

it is best you talk directly with a Realtor about your needs and have them help you narrow your search down.....You can feel free to either call me or e-mail me back and I would be happy to help you out.

Dave diCecco
Realtor/Broker
Coldwell Banker United
ddicecco@cbunited.com
Cell:704-519-7895
http://www.davedicecco.com
Stephanie Bl…, Agent, Charlotte, NC
Fri Mar 29, 2013
Congratulations on your move to Charlotte! I moved from Atlanta several years ago and love it! Both South Park and Highland Creek are great areas with a lot of shopping, dining, and entertainment. Both cover a large geographic area. Depending on where you are going to be working, you need to consider the amount of commute time that you would be willing to undertake. In addition to those two areas, Charlotte has a lot of other wonderful communities that may fit what you are looking for as well. I suggest you interview several different realtors and find the one that meets your needs and that you feel understands you the best. Please feel free to contact me at sblackburn@helenadamsrealty.com if you have any further questions or would like some more detailed information.
Charlotte Ho…, Home Owner, Charlotte, NC
Fri Mar 29, 2013
Congrats on the move to Charlotte. South Park and Highland Creek are two different price points and directions. I currently work in South Park and live in the Ballantyne/Blakney (zip 28277) area. I have a twenty minute drive into work and plenty of amenities close to the house. The Ballantyne/Blakney area has a variety of home price points and good schools. Plus, it isn’t too far from SC – which means much cheaper gas. Hope this helps.
Eileen Nelis, Agent, Charlotte, NC
Thu Mar 28, 2013
Hello and may I congratulate you on your wonderful city selection. Charlotte is a great place to live. I suggest tightening up your criteria as to BR/BA's. Highland Creek is a large community with sidewalks bordering the esthetically pleasing roads. SouthPark has numerous subdivisions @ various price points each offering their signature. Please feel free to contact me at Eileen.nelis@gmail.com or 704 502 8177 for further details. Welcome to the Queen City!!
Debbie and S…, Agent, Charlotte, NC
Thu Mar 28, 2013
Congratulations on your move to Charlotte. Both of the areas you mention are really great areas to live in. Each has plenty of shopping and restaurants close-by.

If you have not affiliated with a Buyer's Agent yet, I would love to chat with you and find out more of your wants and needs. Please feel free to contact me at 704-443-8627 or email me at ArrieroRealty@gmail.com. Or, visit our website, http://www.PropertiesinCharlotte.com.

Debbie Arriero
ABR, AHWD, ASP, CRS, e-PRO, GRI, SFR, SRES, REALTOR
Serving the Charlotte area since 1990
Licensed in North & South Carolina

Arriero Realty, Inc.
P.O. Box 77283
Charlotte, NC 28271
Tracy Clay, Agent, Charlotte, NC
Thu Mar 28, 2013
Welcome to Charlotte! You will enjoy living here. Both of the two areas you mentioned have great neighborhoods to call home. You didn't mention the price point you'd be looking in, or if you might be going the rental route. We'd need more information such to give you more in depth suggestions. You'll find good schools in both areas as well.

Tracy Clay
Wilkinson & Associates
tracyclayhomes@gmail.com
John Siddons…, Agent, Charlotte, NC
Thu Mar 28, 2013
Welcome to Charlotte!

Great areas around Southpark include Myers Park, Dilworth Elizabeth, Quail Hollow and Foxcroft.

Let me know if you'd like help with your move!

John Siddons
john.siddons@prucarolinas.com
Jen Wetzel, Agent, Fort Mill, SC
Thu Mar 28, 2013
This is a loaded question for sure as there are many great areas to consider depending on your budget and needs for a home. Feel free to email me at jen1@kw.com for further info. My aunt and uncle live in Buford, GA. Beautiful.