Relocating from IL need rental property that accepts pitbull dogs. Animal is covered by insurance (prior landlord required it)

Asked by Shante, Atlanta, GA Sat May 4, 2013

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Jason Pless, Agent, Atlanta, GA
Wed Jun 5, 2013

I have relationships with most of the professionally managed properties in Atlanta, and am more than happy to share with you which ones will happily accept your dog. I have always had Rottweilers myself and I don't go where they aren't welcome. My contact information is below if you care to reach out to me directly.



Jason Pless
Property Relations Coordinator

ForLease Atlanta, Rental Division of PalmerHouse Properties
2911 Piedmont Rd.NE
Atlanta, GA 30305

f. (404)393-5884
0 votes
Bruce Ailion, Agent, Marietta, GA
Sun May 5, 2013

Most landlord insurance policies exclude pitbull pets. You would need to get a separate insurance policy that covers you and the landlord for issues related to your pet. These are 300-400 per year and depend on the history of your pet. If you are unable to find these in a Google search let me know and I'll provide you some names.

Many owners are not aware of this exclusion, those that are often unaware there are stand alone pet insurance policies to protect them. In many instances you will need to educate the landlord.

0 votes
Terry Bell, Agent, Santa Rosa, CA
Sat May 4, 2013
Many insurance companies will not provide rental property coverage to landlords with tenants that have agressive breed dogs. Whether you have your own coverage or not is probably not relevant to most landlords. I suggest you start saving to buy a house and talk to a realtor in your area.
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more