Question about proceeding with a rental.

Asked by Unspecified, Greenville, SC Wed Sep 12, 2012

I responded with my interest to a Trulia posting for a rental home. The home owner sent me back a message to let me know the property was still available and that my next step was to drive by and see the home on the outside before proceeding further. I did just that and responded again through the site by email. I have not heard anything back. I sent a second follow up requesting the next step to proceed with my interest, again no reply. Any advice on what i should be doing next? I really want to rent this property and do not want to wait too long to secure it.

Answers

3
Bob Jakowini…, Agent, Livonia, MI
Wed Sep 12, 2012
Yep, same in our area. Please be very careful of who owns the home and also these tend to go very quickly. You may have someone whom is legit but the home is already taken or there may be something not right with ownership. Speak with a local real estate professional and let them know your situation
Kathy Haines, Agent, Greensboro, NC
Wed Sep 12, 2012
Anna is right. I see more scams on Craigslist, but they can be anywhere. Always make sure there is phone number attached. Why would someone not put their phone number? When they don't want you to be able to call them, that is when! A big red flag to me! Buyer beware and it sounds like you need ot move on.....sorry!
Anna M Brocco, Agent, Williston Park, NY
Wed Sep 12, 2012
Keep in mind that scams do exist, therefore always verify ownership before exchanging any money; see link below for scam information. If the owner is not getting back to you, consider other properties. http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/edu/pubs/consumer/alerts/alt002.shtm