Planning to rent out my 4 bd, 2.5 bath single family home in EB for July 2012; when should I start listing and can i expect as rent range?

Asked by Rr29, East Brunswick, NJ Sun Apr 29, 2012

Answers

9
John Sacktig, Agent, New Jersey, NJ
Sun Apr 29, 2012
R-

The time to start would be now. As in our conversation, CMA, reviewing comps, the house.. and we would look to get it on the market by May 15th the latest. I listed a 4 Bedroom Colonial today (Sunday) in East Brunswick.. 4 calls with potential tenants for June 1. Although we will show it starting tomorrow, I have great interest.

Typical rentals require, 1.5 Month rent Security deposit, 1st Month rent, Employment Verification and Credit report.

As an East Brunswick resident and local expert, I have a stellar history of rentals in East Brunswick. My techniques in finding qualified tenants are unmatched.

John Sacktig
Broker/Manager
Orange Key Realty
Direct: 732-213-1409
JSacktig@orangekeyrealty.com
marlacukor, Home Buyer, East Brunswick, NJ
Tue Aug 7, 2012
Hi there! Have you rented out this house yet? I am currently looking for a 3 or 4 bedroom rental in East Brunswick that is available in September 2012.
Thanks! writinglfe@yahoo.com
Thomas Carro…, Agent, East Brunswick, NJ
Mon Apr 30, 2012
Your question makes me wonder if being a landlord is a new thing for you. As a landlord myself for many years, I am curious why you have decided to rent out a single family home, which is not typically an attractive investment for most landlords.
Feel free to call me anytime & pick my brain. I can assist you in making a well informed decision on how to proceed, whether you are looking to rent out the property short term, or if you have a long range plan.

Tom Carroll

Realtor – Associate

Davis Realtors

288 Summerhill Road

East Brunswick, NJ 08816

Cell: 732-735-9099 (try cell first)

Office: 732-254-6700,ex141

Fax: 732-254-0068

E-Mail: TomCarroll@DavisRealtors.Net

Web: http://www.davisrealtors.idxco.com/idx/6756/userLogin.php
Cecelia Ches…, , East Brunswick, NJ
Mon Apr 30, 2012
R,

The time to start would be right now! The best option would be to get a REALTOR that will guide and assist you in the entire process including pricing, screening potential tenants and answering any questions that you may have during the process.

Cecelia Chestnut
Licensed Sales Agent
Weichert Realtors
732-254-1700 (office)
862-755-7671 (cell)
cchestnut@weichert.com
John Ehlers, Home Buyer, Glencoe, MN
Sun Apr 29, 2012
List about 1 month before it is vacated. Sooner if it is in hard to rent area
Rr29, Home Owner, East Brunswick, NJ
Sun Apr 29, 2012
few more details

- Colonial Model with size approx 2200 sqft (not counting basement)
- very well maintained and ready to move in condition (i plan to vacate in June)
- Planning to leave all the utilities in the house with AHS coverage
- property size .25 acre
Rr29, Home Owner, East Brunswick, NJ
Sun Apr 29, 2012
thanks for the quick reply, to add more details
- house has two car garage
- semi finished basement
- house sits in a very nice property in Windsong community near by river road
- Corner house with very nice looking view and well maintained Lawn, sprinkler system etc
Judi Salant, Agent, East Brunswick, NJ
Sun Apr 29, 2012
It would be smart to get the house listed with a REALTOR in the next week or two.
The amount you ask for rent will depend on quite a few things. The style of the house i.e. colonial, ranch, cape cod etc. The size of the house, condition, location to name a few. Your best bet would be to have a local agent come in to have a look and give you specific guidance.
Feel free to contact me, I would be happy to help.
Judi

Judi Salant
Licensed Sales Associate
Davis Realtors
732-254-6700 ext.134 office
732-501-5625 cell
Judi@DavisRealtors.net
Patty Kayes, Agent, East Brunswick, NJ
Sun Apr 29, 2012
Hello. As soon as possible with a July 1st occupancy. Price depends on area of East Brunswick and if there is a garage and basement. Also if renter will be responsible for lawn care. Some landlords charge a bit more money to the tenant and have the lawn serviced by a professional so you can rest assured your lawn is kept up.

Patty Kayes
Century 21 Worden & Green
Direct 732-735-8303