Pet friendly 3/2 family rental on a tight budget?

Asked by Misty Lesley, Austin, TX Thu May 15, 2014

I am a single mom with 2 school age children and 2 pets (a dog and a bird) and our lease expires in July. Our management company just changed our pet policy forcing me to give my 60 day notice with no where to go. We have a great dane, and although they are not on any breed restriction lists, they are over most weight restrictions. I am willing to have the property owner in my current home to see there is no pet damage and conduct pet interviews. Due to the children's school and my work, I need to stay on the north half of town. As far north as Pflugerville, as far west as cedar park, and as far east as 35. I am on a very tight budget. Can anyone help us find a rental?

Answers

2
BRE Partners’ answer
BRE Partners, Agent, Austin, TX
Thu May 15, 2014
Hi Misty,

As you might have researched online, the rental market has been hot and is getting hotter. It would depend on what you mean by "a very tight budget" but you can find a 3/2 single family home in some nice parts of town (from Georgetown to Kyle) in the $1,100-1,200/mo range. If you need to be under that, I would recommend going down to a 2/2. Let me know if I can help. Check out my website for some info on the various Austin markets: http://www.mybrepartners.com/pick-your-hood.html
John Reeves -…, Agent, San Diego, CA
Thu May 15, 2014
Thank you. Unfortunately I have had no luck with my own online searches, thus the Trulia inquiry.
Flag Thu May 15, 2014