Peoria rentals - wondering

Asked by Taza Guru, Sunnyvale, CA Tue Feb 7, 2012

I am real-estate investor - Is Peoria rental market slow now? I have a property that is vacant for a few weeks and I am wondering if property managers here can provide insights. I do have a property manager but would like opinions for potential future relationship. Thanks!

Answers

6
Chris & Mich…, Agent, Glendale, AZ
Mon Apr 16, 2012
Peoria rental market is a broad spectrum. Southern parts of Peoria have more inventory and therefore sit on the market a little longer than the 85382 zip code you posted in. This northern zip code, along with 85383 has a very in demand rental market, and as other agents mentioned.....priced correctly, and move-in ready and in todays market, it should be gone in probably under 30 days.

I am not in property management, but I have noticed that you have posted a few things questioning your existing property management relationships. It's always good to verify facts, but it also sounds like you should take up some of the other offers and interview for someone else you can build a stronger relationship of trust with since you need them to be your eyes and ears.

A few weeks is definitely within the range of normal, but the more updated and clean your property is, the more likely you are to have it rent quickly!

Chris Spalding
(602) 312-7237
Real Estate Agent
Mrs. Holly B…, Agent, Spencer, IA
Fri Feb 10, 2012
A home that is priced right and marketed well can rent well within 3 weekends. 17 days. Average days on market are more though. I would like to interview for the job as well. :-)
Vivien L Big…, Agent, Scottsdale, AZ
Wed Feb 8, 2012
Hello Taza,

This is a Landlords Market. If you have a decent property that has not rented than something is definitely wrong. Some Management Companies do not list their properties in MLS, you may need to ask some questions. Here are a few Good Management Companies for you to consider.

Schreiner Property Management, 480-688-1922

Jill Boyce
480- 203-9055

Karen Van Vugt
1st To Rent
801 E Beck Lane
Phoenix, AZ 85022
Phone: 602-316-7028

Butch Hovendick .
Az cal realty
602.571.8526.

Yvonne Boutell
Property Manager
Mobile: 480-200-6008

Maggie Paulson
9051 W. Kelton Lane Suite 1
Peoria, AZ 85382
623-298-2200 Office

Lori Froelich [lorifroelich@gmail.com]
Prudential Arizona Properties

Shirah Ocejo
Happy Homes Realty AZ
602-577-7371

Mutual Management
602-248-4467

Hope this HELPS!

Vivien Biggs PLC
602-615-9137
Prudential Arizona Properties
Julia "Julie"…, Agent, Peoria, AZ
Wed Feb 8, 2012
Seeing as I don't know what your propertiess look like, I can say the the units that are in great shape and priced right lease very quickly. Is your property management making sure your homes are clean...carpets kitchen sparkling, etc? I'd you don't live here, the prop mgmt need to be your eyes. And also to be very knowledgeable about the lease prices in the area. Make sure your mgmt is not just throwing it o. The market and hoping for a bite. Our property management company here at RE/MAX Desert Showcase would be happy to chat with you any time. T
Lisa Bartlett, Agent, Peoria, AZ
Wed Feb 8, 2012
I looked at closed leases from Jan 1 to now in zip codes 85383 and 85382 (North Peoria). Average time is under 2 months, some just a few days and very few over two months.

I'm not a rental expert, but it looks like a strong rental market. Just keep in mind, you need to price your rent properly and make sure that is is conveniently available for showings, clean, and smells fresh.

If you're looking for buy investment homes, contact me - http://www.azhouseagent.com
Rocky Dole, Agent, Maricopa, AZ
Tue Feb 7, 2012
It looks like the average days on market for zip code 85382 is about 1 1/2 to 2 months.