No luck with finding a rental

Asked by Jennifer, San Diego, CA Tue May 7, 2013

Looking to move by July !st with my 2 sons , looking for a 3 bedroom condo or townhome no more than 1700/month around the Rancho Bernardo area with about a 15 min commute only, I have been searching for months with no luck if anybody has any advice please let me know. Jennifer

Answers

6
Sam Ibrhaim, Agent, Chula Vista, CA
Thu May 9, 2013
Try a couple if exits before RB or a couple after RB on highway 15, it's more reasonable rent , the rental mkt in SD is pretty steep now due to the shortages in homes . There is more demand on buying homes, more higher prices and higher rent.
Call me to help you out
619 392-5747 direct
Cheers
Sam
Kari Shea, Agent, San Diego, CA
Wed May 8, 2013
Hi again Jennifer,

Just south of RB in Rancho Panasquitos in 92129, there is one at $1,650

Best of luck,

Mark & Kari Shea
Shea Real Estate
mark.kari@shea-realestate.com
National Association of Realtors
CA DRE License 01713506
Kari Shea, Agent, San Diego, CA
Wed May 8, 2013
Hi Jennifer,

We hope you are using Craigslist. 85% to 95% of all rentals leased in San Diego County are found on Craigslist. It is used to advertise rentals by owners, property management companies and agents alike.

We did a brief search and found one at $1,850 in 92128 in RB. In 92127 in RB there is one for $1,850 as well. In 92064 in Poway, there are units available for $1,795.

The best way to search is to put the zip code in the search box and then enter the rest of your parameters. Check often and call/e-mail right away as many rentals move quickly!

Lastly, beware of rental scam listings and ads that "look too good to be true”. Make sure you talk to the person managing the property and meet them to see it. Scams usually involve people asking for a deposit prior to seeing the property or filling out a rental application.

Best of luck to you,

Mark & Kari Shea
Shea Real Estate
mark.kari@shea-realestate.com
National Association of Realtors
CA DRE License 01713506
Robert Chome…, , San Diego, CA
Tue May 7, 2013
Another idea is to drive the neighborhoods you want to live and look for "for rent" signs. Most people hit Craigslist so there is a lot of competition. But sometimes you can find great deals on rentals by just driving the streets. Sometimes older landlords still advertise the old fashioned way and they can have below rate rents.
Chad Basinger, Agent, San Diego, CA
Tue May 7, 2013
Hi Jennifer,

Just to give you an idea of the marketplace, I just had clients sign a rental agreement for a 2 bedroom/2 bath in 92128 (Rancho Bernardo) that is under 1100 sq ft for $1600/month. I have another client as well that signed a lease in a unit that is 2 bedrooms, under 1300 sq ft for $1650.
Cindy Davis, Agent, San Diego, CA
Tue May 7, 2013
Perhaps try a different neighborhood? Your price point is a tad low...hence the problem. I encourage you to spend time on the rental section of craigslist. Plug in the value of $1700 and see what pops up...that should give you an idea as to what's available where in your price range.

Best of luck.