Needing to know if house listed for rent on 1211 Virginai Way in La Jolla is legit? Came on my e-mail through Trulia, thanks!

Asked by Jessi, La Jolla, CA Tue Feb 19, 2013

Answers

7
Janet Haskins, Agent, La Jolla, CA
Fri Feb 22, 2013
I am the listing Agent for 1211 Virginia Way. This home is a vacation rental property with a range in pricing due to our high and low season. My agreement is with the seller who has owned this home well over 12 years. There is no record nor to my knowledge a prior For Sale or For Rent at this address. You may personally contact me at 4janethaskins@gmail.com for further information. Thank you Patrick for your call alerting me of possible "hacking".
Patrick Ahern, Agent, La Jolla, CA
Wed Feb 20, 2013
You will find a 'report' or 'flag' link associated with Trulia posts. You can 'report' or 'flag' the link associated with that post to bring it to their attention. I talked to the agent and this higher rent listing appears to be valid. The $1,500 rental posting was removed 2/18 (e.g. HotPads.com) because it was priced well below other units. You are wise to be suspicious Jessi.
Jessi, Renter, La Jolla, CA
Wed Feb 20, 2013
How do you let Trulia know if there if a scammer online. This house was listed yestarday at $12,000 a month by a different relator while I still received an e-mail last night at 1a.m. saying the house is still avail. for $1500. from the lister two days ago. Both prices are on the opposite end of the spectrum esp. when there is construction going on at the backyard neighbors house (House actuall ybeing built!). (I'm a home owner in S.D. but will be renting my house out to rent in LJ) Thanks for nay input!
Patrick Ahern, Agent, La Jolla, CA
Tue Feb 19, 2013
If you are referring to the rental range of $6,000-$12,000, that indicates the winter and then summer rental rates. For this home, in this area of La Jolla, it’s pretty close to the market rate.
Ettie Delawie, Renter, La Jolla, CA
Tue Feb 19, 2013
I've seen this house listed TWICE...for rent and for sale. Is it real as a rental???
Thank you for your swift follow up and reply. I, too, was thrilled...but in disbelief ..that that house, as described, was renting at such a low price. It was confusing.
I appreciate your response.
Flag Wed Feb 20, 2013
Steven Roman…, Agent, San Diego, CA
Tue Feb 19, 2013
$1500 is way under market for this house. It should be in the $4K -$5 range. I would be very careful! As Scott says, if it is too good to be true, it probably is.
Scott Godzyk, Agent, Manchester, NH
Tue Feb 19, 2013
Jessi there are many scammer who try to use Trulia, as fast as the ads are pulled there ar new ones to take their place. If it sounds too good to be true it usually is. Never rent a home sight unseen, never wire money to a landlord and make sure they are the owner. Meeting in operson is the best way.