FromW2S, Renter in Lake Dallas, TX

Need help: looking to rent in Coppell/Flower Mound/Carrollton/Plano/Frisco to send my children to a top rated school.

Asked by FromW2S, Lake Dallas, TX Thu Jan 21, 2010

I want to know how to start my search for a home in an explemary school's lines. I am looking to move at this end of this summer (2010) and want to have less than a 30 minute commute to Lewisville/Carrollton. We are looking for a home 1800-2000 sq ft for under $1600 mo. Townhome/condo also good.

Answers

5
Jay Myers, Agent, Flower Mound, TX
Thu Jan 21, 2010
Hello Momof3,

For starters congratulations on your decision to be buying a home in a very good market to be a purchaser. I agree with what Justin says about greatschools.org there is some good information on there that can link you to even greater detail. I will say I believe your search is very broad, not just because I work the I-35 corridor primarily, but believe a commute from the Plano / Frisco area during normal commute times may be a little unpredictable to say the least.

Out of the areas you mentioned, I believe almost everyone would agree the Coppell area is going to give you the highest rated schools, but the inventory there is much smaller, the prices and the property taxes are driven in a big part by those schools. In other words people are willing to pay more in order to get those schools.

I would suggest you add Highland Village to that mix, both elementary schools have exemplary ratings, the middle school is primarily Briarhill Middle School, and the high school is Marcus. A big part of the Flower Mound students also attend Marcus for high school.

Hope this helps and feel free to contact me anytime if I can help in any way.
You can check out all these listings in the areas I have suggested here.
http://www.mlsfinder.com/tx_ntreis/jaymyers?action=newsearch…
Laurie Kash, Agent, Flower Mound, TX
Sat Jun 26, 2010
I was a teacher turned realtor and greatschools.org is a great site to use when looking for schools.
We actually used it before moving to flower Mound. Glad we did. As for locating a townhome or condo
you will not have any problem finding one. I see some adorable ones in that price range. If I can be of
further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me.
Laurie Kash
Your Neighborhood Realtor
Flower Mound
Laurie Kash, Agent, Flower Mound, TX
Sat Jun 26, 2010
Laurie Kash
Your Neighborhood Realtor
Flower Mound
Bruce Lynn, Agent, Coppell, TX
Sat Jan 23, 2010
If you pick the schools we can set up a search specifically to meet those schools and your price requirements. The biggest trick is that it is likely way way too early to search for lease homes. Typically what we see is that the best homes lease within about a 30 day window of when you might want to move. So if you need to move at the end of August, best to start search mid-July.
You'll want your application completely filled out before you even look and have your first month's rent and deposit ready to go. Most landlords will want those immediately after approving your application to hold the home.

Bruce Lynn
Keller Williams Realty Coppell
Web Reference:  http://www.teamlynn.com
Justin Henry, Agent, LITTLE ELM, TX
Thu Jan 21, 2010

You can search schools in different citied on the website greatschools.com

I can also set up a custom search for you where homes will be the most up to date list you can find.

Justin Henry
Justin Henry Home Sales Team
972-757-6273
justinhenryhomes.com
Web Reference:  http://justinhenryhomes.com