Need an apartment that will accept a pit bull and a college student!

Asked by Heather, Doylestown, PA Thu May 9, 2013

He is a very sweet, friendly, loving pit bull I just know many places have strict breed and weight restrictions. I am a college student and am looking to transfer to Millersville University but can't seem to find an apartment to accept him. I was hoping to find a place under $650 but if it's a two bedroom under $1000 and then I'll just have to find a roommate. I also need it to be in a safe area as I am a 20 year old female who grew up in the suburbs outside of Philadelphia, although from what I've heard Lancaster is a very nice place. I'm looking to move in January after I finish my semester at my community college before starting at MU. Thank you for any help!

Answers

2
Asurgine414, Home Buyer, Lancaster, PA
Tue Jun 11, 2013
I have a bully breed, and two apartments that allow him are Pioneer Woods and Hawthorne Gardens. Hawthorne gardens has no breed restrictions or weight restrictions just fyi. Good luck!!
Melissa Goss, , Center Moriches, NY
Thu May 9, 2013
The issue with your breed of dog is that most insurance co's will cancel the owners policy due to the high risk of the breed. It stinks, but I personally have never found a landlord that will allow a pit.
Do you know if I get some sort of pet insurance he could be allowed? I've found a total of 5 places but they're not in any area that I want to live or they're way out of my price range. I was recommended to go with private landlords but don't really know how to go about that.
Flag Thu May 9, 2013