My wife and two young children are looking to move to Indianapolis this summer. We are looking for rental homes. Will our credit/ bankruptcy hurt us?

Asked by Jay, Indianapolis, IN Mon Feb 13, 2012

I'm a firefighter of 10 years and served in the military and my wife is a teacher. We are moving back to be closer to family. Possibly looking at Historic Irvington, Beech Grove, Perry, and Greenwood but are open to options. Please help!

Answers

2
Heather Fitzgerald’s answer
Heather Fitz…, , Indianapolis, IN
Tue Feb 14, 2012
Jay, be up front and honest with whomever you talk to about renting. We have handled a large number of short sales along with our broker. Our broker has a property management division and they deal with these types of situations on a daily basis. I would venture that most professional property management companies in this economy have dealt with these issues on a daily basis as well.

It is good to talk with a lender so in the future you are able to have your credit in a better position, but one thing at a time is probably best so as not to feel overwhelmed. Deal with the rental, and then start working with a good, honest lender that can guide you thru how to do that.

Give us a call if you need lender contacts to do that.

Heather Fitzgerald 371-2622
Pam Smith 446-0959
Marie Souza…, Agent, Centerville, MA
Mon Feb 13, 2012
Jay - If they pull your credit, yes. The best thing is to be upfront & honest about your situation. Lot's of people are going thrrough the same thing. You have many months to do some repair on your credit before the move, so make it a priority!