My spouse and I are relocating to Titusville from Ky. on August 30, 2013 for his job. Is this property in a safe neighborhood?

Asked by Lisa Littrell, Titusville, FL Tue Aug 20, 2013

Answers

3
Michelle Car…, Agent, Coppertino, AL
Wed Aug 28, 2013
I would suggest you check out the online crime report for that zip code (and the others nearby) at http://www.crimereports.com. You can enter the address or just zip code to learn more.
Yes, Michelle is spot on - perfect site to use to measure the area!
Flag Thu Aug 29, 2013
Titusville M…, Other Pro, Neptune, NJ
Wed Aug 28, 2013
I own 7 fully remodeled 2 bedroom/2 bath units in Meadows South and Meadows East. Both complexes are located on Hwy 50 less than 1/2 mile from the Indian River and only a few minutes from Target, Walmart, Lowes, Home Depot, several major hotel chains & Rt 95 is only a 5 minute drive. Titusville, is like any other middle income neighborhood/city in the US - it has it's good spots
and it's not so good spots.

I'm in a great area and my mother had lived in Titusville from 2001 through 2012 - she just passed away October 2012 and she loved it there and never had a problem.

If you have any further questions please feel free to contact me via tele or email.
I'll be happy to answer any questions and I am not a real estate agent, just a landlord
and I frequent Titusville about 6-7 times per year. I own a home in NJ and on the West
Coast of Fla. tel: 690-346-0627 email: mike@paperstore.net

One of my tenant's is from Tenn and she loves it there! Well, it might be that everything
in my condos are totally brand new too ;-) but she has stated on several occasions how she loves the area. A new Appleby's is moving in only 4 mins from the condos, as well as a brand new modern mall is being built 7 mins. in the other direction -- but it's still a slice of old apple pie - the people are super friendly and not pretentious.

Mike Siravo
Pat Argo, Agent, Cocoa, FL
Wed Aug 21, 2013
South Lake Village is an older small subdivision of small homes, mostly built in the late 1950's. A fair amount of these homes are under 1100sf. Many have 1 or 1.5 baths vs 2. The subdivision backs to I-95 which is a major traffic artery down the coast and county.
Because of the size & age, a lot of these have been sold to investors who use them as rentals. Some upgrade the electrical panels and other items but some just paint/fix/rent! A few of the occupants are long time home owners.
If you are concerned about crime or vandalism, there are in most Titusville areas, you can always call the Titusville Police Department, but NOT on the emergency number. You can ask them about crime in the area, street, even the specific address. You can also contact the power company FPL, for that address and sometimes they can advise you of averaged electrical bills. Remember that Florida seasons are different from KY, so we usually are more concerned about the FPL bills! I believe a lot of them originally had gas furnaces when they were built. I hope this is helpful.