My son and I both are on disability. How do we go about getting accepted to rent with that as "income"? We only have 1600 between us.

Asked by Laura Kibben, Bethany, OK Wed Oct 23, 2013

How do I find decent but extremely cheap so as to have utility money and food and gas money as well?

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Josh Barnett’s answer
Josh Barnett, Agent, Carney, OK
Thu Oct 24, 2013
With lots of research.

1. Call the Landlords from the "Rent" Tab above on home that meet your needs.
2. Drive the neighborhoods you are interested in and call of the "For Rent" signs
3. Call the "For Rent" listings in the Sunday edition of the local paper
0 votes
Andrea Laura…, Agent, Oklahoma City, OK
Wed Oct 23, 2013
I can put you in touch with a Property Management company that deals with rental properties all over the OKC metroplex. I would also look into qaulifying for Section 8 or even looking into the pissibilty of qaulifying for a potential home from Habitat from Humanity.
0 votes
Sounds good! Thanks. Would you happen to know if you have to be a student in order to be allowed to rent in those 3 and 4 bedrooms places by OU in Norman? They are apparently newer and insanely cheap. If so, would the college student be able to have family with? My 20 yr. old has some mental disorders so it would be easier for him to just stay at home which means mom and younger brother go with.
Flag Wed Oct 23, 2013
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more