Rentals in 89123>Question Details

Jhon, Renter in Las Vegas, Las Vegas,...

My landlord short sold home the new property mngt want me to pay $985 my lease is for $925 . can they do this?

Asked by Jhon, Las Vegas, Las Vegas, NV Tue Dec 4, 2012

2 votes Share Flag Rentals in 89123

Help the community by answering this question:


Just go by your lease. If no lease then you have a problem. If they don't treat you right and you want to move, we will help you for free. We manage over 350 homes and treat you right. Matt and Kim

Matthew & Kim D’Ercole
Prominent Realty Group, LLC
Buyer / Seller / Property Management
Cell - 702.501.0973
"A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves".
Website -
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Dec 4, 2012
Usually if your lease isn't up yet when the property transfers to a new owner then you lease and the terms of your lease transfer with it. If you're on a month to month lease then the new owner can most likely raise your monthly payments or once it comes time to sign another lease because your old one is over they can most likely raise you monthly payments but I can't say for sure without seeing your lease. It is probably a good idea to speak with a lawyer or try to talk to someone who knows landlord tenant law. If you click on the link below you might be able to find some answers. Good Luck.…
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Dec 4, 2012
In the state of Nevada the lease runs with the property. This means they can not change your rental rate until your lease is up. 45 days before the lease ends they can send you a rate change. If your on a month to month basis they still need to send you 45 days notice of the change. Born and raised in Las Vegas, I have been a property manager for over 15 years. Please contact me with any other questions.

Crystal Elijah-Ramos
Signature Gallery of Homes
Buyers, Sellers, Renter, Investments, Foreclosures
Cell 702-353-0921
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Jun 22, 2015
They must honer what is listed in the Lease agreement. you have rights as a renter.

Robert Adams
The Adams Team at
Rothwell Gornt Companies
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Feb 18, 2013
If you have a written lease then NO!!! It is valid until the lease is up. The new owner has the opportunity to review these things during his due diligence period. If you where month to month then yes. The Clark County justice center has a department for tenants. Check it out if you have questions.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Dec 6, 2012
Your lease is still enforceable with the new owner. However, if you are month to month, they can increase your rent with a 30 day notice.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Dec 5, 2012
Your lease survives the sale of the home so unless the terms of your current lease allow for the raising of rent then no. If your lease has expired then yes.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Dec 5, 2012
I would goggle some topics on what your rights are. This will give you a better understanding of the laws and will give you some content for questions you may want to investigate. Legal advise is usually the best path to follow. There are Attorneys that will give a free consultation. I hope I have helped.
Thank You
Suzie Marquardt
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Dec 4, 2012
Not knowing all the details I will say that in a worst case scenario your lease was not transferred to the new owners. If that is the case, then they can raise your rent. I would first inquire with the new property management on the validity of your lease with the old owners. If the outcome isn't satisfactory with you then I would invest a few dollars and talk with an attorney.

Good luck!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Dec 4, 2012 you have a written lease? If so I recommend you contact a real estate attorney.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Dec 4, 2012
yes and the seller said he sold to a investor with the lease
Flag Tue Dec 4, 2012
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Home > Nevada > Clark County > Las Vegas > 89123 > Rentals in 89123 > Question
Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer