My husband and I have a lease up in mid May and want to move into a rental home in Beaverton/ Tigard/ Hillsboro/ Portland areas.

Asked by jessdes123, Portland, OR Mon Mar 4, 2013

Must be min 3 bedroom 2 bath. We are looking to pay under $1600 a month. We do have a cat.

Answers

3
Dorinda Marl…, Agent, Banks, OR
Mon Apr 8, 2013
In the current market it may be less expensive to purchase a home than to rent. What is precluding you from investing in your future? Interest rates are still very attractive at approx. 3.5% for conventional financing. Even if you have less than perfect credit or are still saving for down payment, there are a multitude of options such as Seller Carried Private Contract, Lease to Purchase, and Lease with Option to Purchase. If you would you like additional information, please contact me to schedule a time to get together for coffee or iced tea; my treat!
Tom Inglesby, Agent, Portland, OR
Sun Mar 17, 2013
Homes are renting in Beaverton, Hillsboro for about $1 a sq ft. So that is possible but they rent fast so you better start looking today. Hillsboro has almost 1,000 apt started or planned for in the nest year. There really is a shortage of rentals. The rent you are paying you can buy the house you would rent if you have the downpayment. I can get you the name of a mortgage broker. Your biggest issue is your cat. Search on this site for rentals and then ad dog or cat and they almost go to 0 land lords that will take pets. With vacancy under 4% a land lord can be very picky. Good luck to you, Tom Inglesby, Broker RE/MAX Equity Group, http://www.equitygroup.com/tinglesby
Jennifer Pet…, Agent, Portland, OR
Wed Mar 6, 2013
With your ability to pay that high of a monthly rent amount, have you considered buying a home? A lender can help determine in very little time if you qualify. With prices up around 10% from a year ago in the Portland Metro area, you could take advantage of still buying low and with a very low interest rate and gaining the appreciation of your home. I would love to help you in your search or connect you with a fabulous lender if you are interested. Absolutely no obligation. Please give me a call.

Mandy Lewis
503-522-5803
http://www.PDXRockstars.com