My husband and I are moving to Phoenix from New York in mid June or early July. Are there any other areas to look at?

Asked by Edgar & Lakesha Thomas, Avondale, AZ Thu May 16, 2013

Answers

26
Brian Ford, Renter, Phoenix, AZ
Thu May 16, 2013
If you are communting, please reconsider Avondale area. If you are set on that area, choose North Avondale versus South Avondale, trust me.
Dawn Ugorek, Agent, Phoenix, AZ
Thu May 16, 2013
Hi Edgar & Lakesha,
There are a lot of great areas. East Valley right now is a hot spot for new comers. West Valley is has a lot of options in homes that are available, so it is a desirable location. You can view all the homes at my website http://www.AZhouses2homes.com
Tempe, Gilbert, Chandler, Ahwatukee are East Valley areas that are popular.
Goodyear, Litchfield and Avondale are popular West Valley locations
These towns surround the Phoenix metropolitan area.
Maricopa is about 1/2 hour south of Phoenix and is very popular as well.

Dawn Ugorek
Keller Williams - Sonoran Living - Phoenix
480.221.1940
email: dawnugorek@gmail.com
website: http://www.AZhouses2homes.com
Michael Sedi…, Agent, Phoenix, AZ
Mon Jul 8, 2013

Edgar and Lakesha, welcome to Phoenix. I just wanted to forward my lender contact information if you have not yet found a lender here locally.

Let me know how I can help!

City North/ Desert Ridge Location
Timothy Potempa
Sr. Loan Officer
Office/Cell: 623.570.0781
Fax: 602.464.7396
NMLS:454708

5450 E. High Street Suite 260
Phoenix, AZ 85054

http://www.novahomeloans.com/timothy.potempa
Debbie Nieman, Agent, Phoenix, AZ
Mon Jul 1, 2013
Welcome to Phoenix! A number of my clients that have relocated here, I've gotten them into a rental for 3-6 months so that way they can get to know varies area's of what is important to them and take their time while looking for a property.

If you have not already aligned yourself with a real estate professional, I'd welcome the opportunity to sit down with you and your wife when you guys get here to discuss your options and what's the best solution for you both.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Debbie Nieman
Real Estate Professional
Keller Williams Sonoran Living
602-799-5239
diverdebi@cox.net

http://www.diverdebirealty.com
Aaron Cerico…, Agent, Glendale, AZ
Sun Jun 30, 2013
There will be a lot of agents who will respond to your question and rightly so. However, if you are looking for an agent with integrity who will guide you to the area that you are looking for right away based on a conversation over the phone so you wont waist any of your time, plus who understands the market being a native from here and also has family in the real estate business for over 30 years, please give me an opportunity to work with you. To check out all current homes or rentals in the phoenix metropolitan area please text AZRE to 71441. This will give you the ability to do your own searches at the palm of your hand. Or call.

Aaron Cericola
602-334-0510
Patty Kalani…, Agent, Phoenix, AZ
Sun Jun 30, 2013
There are several areas in the Phoenix area that will be perfect for you. Will need a little more information to see what area would suit you.

I could send you a relocation guide that will help with your decision.

Give me a call or drop me an email.

I will be happy to answer any questions or concerns.

Patty Kalanish
Century 21 Arizona Foothills
480-420-9735
patty.kalanish@century21.com
Ryan Cramer, , Phoenix, AZ
Sun Jun 30, 2013
Download my iphone app from the app store.
It is called Home Scouting Report
Contact me at 602-206-5592 I will give you access code.
You will have direct access to the MLS and the 30 day Sold Home Report

I can assist you with the financing.
Patty Kalani…, Agent, Phoenix, AZ
Sun Jun 30, 2013
Absolutely.
I can send you a relocation guide for reference.
Give me a call or drop me an email.
Look forward to hearing from you.
Patty Kalanish
Century 21 Arizona Foothills
480-420-9735
patty.kalanish@century21.com
Suzette Tzin…, Agent, Phoenix, AZ
Tue Jun 18, 2013
Hello Edgar and Lakesha,

As a Arizona native I know every inch of the Valley and the pros and cons of the areas.

If you'll contact me, I'd enjoy speaking with you and send you great properties to view. With Coldwell Banker, Biltmore/PV office you'll receive superior service. I want to know more about your careers, interest, price range etc. and I'll send you homes to view, so when you come out we can go out and tour the areas.

Suzette Tzineff
Coldwell Banker
602-577-7723
suzette@suzettetzineff.com
Bianca Benne…, Agent, Glendale, AZ
Mon Jun 17, 2013
I realize that you are currently in the information gathering stage,can you decribe to me what you are looking for? What is price range, and the home style you are looking for?
Gregory Suit…, Agent, Phoenix, AZ
Mon Jun 17, 2013
18900 homes on market-good deals!

call me to discuss

Gregory Suiter
Homesmart
Larry Fox, Agent, Phoenix, AZ
Mon Jun 17, 2013
Hello Edgar & Lakesha,
I am also from NY and I settled into the Chandler area when I arrived here. The area is very nice with plenty of good schools and shopping areas, new hospitals etc.
I am sure you would like it.
Contact me when you are going to visit us.
Rebecca Kall…, Agent, San Tan Valley, AZ
Tue Jun 11, 2013
Hey Edgar and Lakesha, how are you guys today?

A great area that is growing rapidly and still at decent prices is the San Tan Valley area. It is about an 45 minutes to an hour away from Phoenix.
If you guys would like any information please feel free to contact me at 480-275-9566

PS. I look forward to hearing from you guys soon!
Korene L. Cl…, Mortgage Broker Or Lender, Glendale, AZ
Thu Jun 6, 2013
Hello, Edgar and Lakesha, have you found what you need yet?

Please check out this url

http://www.klcsloanteam.com/TheySayWhat

to see what some of my clients and realtors say about me and my service and my loan closings. If you like what you read then call me at 623-340-0934 and I will begin the pre-qualification, stay in communication with you, refer you to some of the BEST REALTORS in the Valley of the Sun, and get your mortgage closed with no surprises and we close on time.

I am a Mortgage Banker in metro Phoenix, AZ. I lend in both Arizona and California where I will be pleased to help you. 623-340-0934 Korene Clopine-Seaman NMLS # 218520 KLCSLoanTeam.com We are Direct Lenders, WE CLOSE LOANS!
Chris & Mich…, Agent, Glendale, AZ
Wed Jun 5, 2013
Where will you be working in the valley?
Web Reference:  http://thespaldingteam.com
Aaron Cerico…, Agent, Glendale, AZ
Tue Jun 4, 2013
Edgar & Lakesha,

There are a lot of areas to look at. Have you narrowed down your search for the areas in which you would like to live? To search for all current homes for sale or for rent please send a text to 71441 keyword "AZRE" and we can get do to business. I look forward to working with you.

Thanks again!

Aaron
Troy Erickson, Agent, Chandler, AZ
Tue May 21, 2013
In order for you to find the right area to rent, you will have to ask yourself what is important to you when looking for your new home in Arizona (such as price, number of bedrooms, square footage, pool, garage space, etc.). You also need to know what you are looking for in a neighborhood (distance from work, close to schools, newer neighborhood, close to a park, close to shopping, etc).

LAVEEN
Situated in the southwest Valley, Laveen is bounded by the Salt River to the north, 27th Avenue on the east, the Gila River community on the west, and scenic South Mountain Park on the south. The village represents a unique area within the city limits because of its rural beauty and proud agricultural heritage as well as untapped potential. Strategically located between the Salt River and imposing South Mountain, this area has long been valued by farmers and equestrians or those who appreciate seclusion and easy mountain access. While Laveen Village has remained relatively unchanged for many decades, the focus on close-in property for expansion near central Phoenix will inevitably transform the face of the village. Laveen offers more than 25 square miles of prime undeveloped and agricultural property within a few minutes drive from the major artery of Interstate 10 and downtown Phoenix.

AVONDALE
The small yet bustling residential haven of Avondale is situated along the Agua Fria River, just north of the junction with the Gila River. Like many of the West Valley outlying communities, Avondale is rapidly transforming from an agricultural center into a mature suburb with a diversity of light industry and commercial development. More than 12,000 residential units are either in construction or in the planning stage, which ensures an abundance of new construction. Although Interstate 10 has been the major thoroughfare for Avondale residents as they travel to essential Valley destinations, the connection of Interstate 10 with Loop 101 offers a quick and easy trip to the employment centers and amenities throughout the Northwest metro region.

On the southern edge of Avondale, the Phoenix International Raceway provides a dynamic regional attraction located at a comfortable distance from residential development. The racetrack hosts a number of entertainment activities throughout the year and important competitive events that include Indy car and NASCAR racing. Each October, Avondale residents celebrate Billy Moore Days, honoring one of the legendary early settlers of the area. Burro races, sports tournaments, a parade, a carnival, and great food draw a regional crowd to the festivities. Estrella Mountain Regional Park forms the city’s southern boundary, providing a wealth of recreational activities and many outdoor adventures. Camping, horseback riding, picnicking, and golfing are all popular park activities. The vast acreage of White Tanks Mountain Regional Park adds historic petroglyphs, hiking trails, and scenic desert vistas for every activity.

Locally, residents enjoy a variety of well-managed facilities and services that include serene parks, community and senior centers, a local library, several premier golf courses, tennis courts, sports courts, and ballparks. Students of all ages can take advantage of the continuing education courses and degree programs available close to home at Estrella Mountain Community College — also one of the area’s leading public employers.
Tim O'Neall, Other Pro, Phoenix, AZ
Mon May 20, 2013
Hi Edgar and Lakesha...I am a home inspector here in Phoenix and also a transplanted New Yorker. We moved here in 1995 and live in Ahwatukee and just love it. I have been inspecting homes here in the Phoenix area since 1996. Please check out my profile here on Trulia...you will see I am the top recommended home inspector in the Valley. Please give us a call when you have found a home and are ready for an inspection. We would love to work for you. (480) 283-5642.
Good luck with the move!
Tim
Lucinda Tkach, Agent, Scottsdale, AZ
Sun May 19, 2013
Edgar and Lakesha,

There are many awesome areas in the valley. I would need to know what features you would like as well as where you work and what schools for children you need that.

Feel free to contact me direct. If you request references they are availalbe upon request.

Lucinda Tkach
602-799-6846
phoenixrealtorservice@gmail.com
Lucinda Tkach, Agent, Scottsdale, AZ
Sun May 19, 2013
Edgar and Lakesha,

Lucinda Tkach
602-799-6846
phoenixrealtorservice@gmail.com
Edgar & Lake…, Agent, Avondale, AZ
Thu May 16, 2013
Hi guys ...thanks for the answers. My husband and I are looking at the Laveen and Avondale area. We are not going to buy just yet but we are going to rent for the time being.
Melissa Schw…, Agent, Phoenix, AZ
Thu May 16, 2013
The Valley of the Sun is made up of many communities. Chris mentioned several below. Most buyers have specific needs associated with a home that may make one part of the Valley more applicable. Often, where one works and the commute will figure into that criteria. Other typical Buyer focus items are: schools, recreation, shopping, entertainment that one community may have more than another and of course price! I work with many relocating clients and encourage you to speak directly to a Real Estate professional to better understand the architectural differences from the East Coast to Arizona. Often times buyers search online not understanding that looking for specific criteria they are accustomed to may reduce the number of available properties in the Valley. For example, a fireplace may be a must have in NY, but in many parts of the Valley, homes simply were not built with fireplaces. Unlike many of the Eastern communities we do not search by County as most of the Valley of the Sun is all IN Maricopa County with a small amount in Pima County.

Good luck on your search. If you would like to speak directly, please call me!

Melissa Schwartz, e-Pro
Associate Broker
Realty One Group
602-672-6189
Chris Bought…, Agent, Phoenix, AZ
Thu May 16, 2013
Phoenix is a big metro city. Most people pick the area they want to live on by where they work, since our public transit system is lacking. If you are looking for the East Valley you may want to also search Tempe, Chandler, Scottsdale, Ahwatukee, Gilbert, Mesa. If the West Valley you may want to search Glendale, Peoria, Avondale. For the main inner cities. If you are interested in expanding out of the main city a bit there are many more in all directions.

I wish you and your husband the best of luck in your move and hope you find a great place in AZ.
Reginald Opa…, , Phoenix, AZ
Thu May 16, 2013
Call me when you get a moment. I do have an excellent realestate Agent that can help you find a suitable home of your liking. You can reach at 253-332-5980. Thanks
Jennie Miller…, Agent, Phoenix, AZ
Thu May 16, 2013
What are the most important criteria that you have for your new home?
Thu May 16, 2013
Right now, San Tan Valley/Queen Creek is a good place to buy. Prices are reasonable with the area growing.
If you would like to know any information, or have questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to call me!
480-275-9566

PS. I look forward to hearing from you and working with you soon!

If you would like to check out my website for homes that might interest you, please feel free to.

http://www.rebeccasellsaz.com