My husband and I are looking to move down to Ocean City or the surrounding area. Where would I find the most up to date yearly rental listings?

Asked by rew011, Ocean City, NJ Thu Apr 11, 2013

I have a new job in Egg Harbor Twp starting in June and am looking for a clean spacious 2 bed 2 bath pet friendly yearly rental. We and our dog have great references from our previous rentals. I have looked online at various sites but most times they are either out of date or have virtually no information. Where would I go to find the most up to date information on available yearly rentals and information.

Answers

5
Denise F. Qu…, , New Jersey
Fri Apr 12, 2013
You can check in our local papers but a Realtor will directly know which rental listings they have availble .Our office does rentals as well for this area. CasaBella,Coldwell Banker 609-601-1009

We also have a small bungalow style home for sale in Northfield and the owner may also rent it as well.
3 bed,very large fenced in yard and driveway and garage. Close to shopping, 15 minutes from OC and AC AND EHT.
Have you thought of maybe buying instead of renting? This is a great starter house for you.
Please let me know if I can assist you in showing you this property if you are interested ;let me know when you can come down to see it? Call me on my cell 856-542-8858
If you would like to get Pre-Qualified for a Loan I can put you in touch with our Mortgage Lenders.
Paul Gilbert, Agent, Ocean City, NJ
Thu Apr 11, 2013
How many bedrooms do you neeed?
Joan Farrell, Agent, Ocean City, NJ
Thu Apr 11, 2013
The reality of looking for yearly rentals is that realtor listings are the least likely source of such properties in the near-shore area around Ocean City NJ. Property owners know that supply and demand favors them, so they can advertise on their own, take their pick of prospective tenants, and avoid paying commission. Some owners don't want to do this and use a realtor, but if you look in the local newspapers you will likely see more yearly rentals advertised than you will on trulia, realtor.com or other websites. You can also find yearly rentals advertised on Craigslist but be very wary of yearly rentals listed in shore towns. Unscrupulous individuals have frequently copied photos and text from online sale listings and posted them for rent at prices well below market, usually with a back story about the owner's unavailability to show the property.

I suggest you google the Gazette newspaper for different towns in the area (Ocean City, Somers Point, Upper Township, Egg Harbor Township) and look at their online classifieds, as well as trying the Press of Altantic City. This close to summer, there may be some mainland availability as the school year winds down. The beach towns will be very tough especially with the 2BR/2BA requirement along with pet friendly.

Good luck in your search.

Joan Farrell
Monihan Realty
http://www.joanfarrell.com
joan@monihan.com
609-399-1311 office
609-517-7644 cell
Joanne Berna…, Agent, Northfield, NJ
Thu Apr 11, 2013
Your problem is a common one! People put rentals up online and then neglect to remove them when they are rented. Yearly rental have been a challenge in Ocean City in 2012, as most have been taken by families displaced by Hurricane Sandy. Your best bet is trying to find something just off island in Somers Point, Northfield, Linwood or even in Egg Harbor Twp. Our company has offices in Ocean City and off island.
If you need help let me know!
Joanne Bernardini
Sales Associate
Coldwell Banker Casa Bella
Linwood, NJ 08221
c- 609-947-2451
email: joannebernardini@gmail.com
Diane Glander, Agent, Spring Lake, NJ
Thu Apr 11, 2013
You've come to the right place. An agent here will answer your question who will be able to help.
The problem is that it can take a few days before a rental listing is updated while getting signatures. However many Internet sites take listings and don't stay updated on their status.
Realtor.com is directly connected to the mls so their data is the most accurate.
I'm sure you get answers from several local agents today who can help you.
Web Reference:  http://Www.dianeglander.com