tina.mccall, Renter in Columbus, OH

My home was sold at auction last week. My family has not found a home to move to because my husband and I both have bad credit right now. Help!

Asked by tina.mccall, Columbus, OH Thu Oct 17, 2013

I HATE apartments. I would really like to live in a home. We have been looking for months and we are almost out of time now. We cannot find anyone who will rent to us. We have owned our home for 11 years.

Answers

6
Caitlin Starr, Agent, Columbus, OH
Thu Oct 17, 2013
Hi, We have a few Lease/Purchase homes available and have access to many others.
We would be happy to help. You can reach me at 614-707-3628 or rickstarr@yahoo.com

Rick

http://www.TheRickStarrTeam.info
Jill Freeland, Agent, Powell, OH
Fri Oct 18, 2013
You may want to ask a close family member to co-sign for you. There are credit counselors who will help you clean up your credit. Often there are errors on your report which can be contested and removed.

You could also appeal to a landlord to put a large deposit down, or even pay 6 months rent up front.
Jill Freeland, Agent, Powell, OH
Tue Oct 22, 2013
Offer to pay 6 months up front that may help. Make sure you don't smoke or have pets or it will be harder.
Cecilia Sher…, Agent, Rocky River, OH
Mon Oct 21, 2013
When talking with landlords, you will want to let them know about your situation. Not "every" single detail, but regards to your current credit standing and how you plan to remedy that for renting. It's almost like a job interview. You will need to prove that you are a good candidate and worth considering.

And yes, paying in advance may help.
Priyanshu (P…, , Columbus, OH
Thu Oct 17, 2013
I agree with Edyta prepay/put down a large advance and show proof of income and you will get a good home in a good neighborhood. Also make sure you follow the auction very closely. Make sure that the property is sold or the bank buys it over and title is transferred off your name. This is very critical, you do not want to end up with a zombie property/title.
That sounds so easy! Now if I just had a huge of sum of money!
The bank bought it. I can't find a landlord to rent to us. How do I find a rental?
Flag Thu Oct 17, 2013
Edyta Gryc, Agent, Naperville, IL
Thu Oct 17, 2013
You should offer to prepay rent, show proof of income, explain how you found yourself in current situation. Credit is not everything, as long as you can assure landlord that your rental payments will be on time by providing some "extras" that I mentioned.
My client accepted a tenant with bad credit, but she prepaid 6 months in advance, showed proof of steady income.