My fiancee and I are looking for a 1 bedroom apt in Brooklyn with a March 1st occupancy, in the 1200-1500 price range.

Asked by marcusqng, Brooklyn, NY Thu Dec 5, 2013

We're looking for something within a 30-min metro commute to Water Street in downtown Manhattan. Possibly in the neighborhoods surrounding Boerum Hill?

Answers

3
Anna M Brocco, Agent, Williston Park, NY
Thu Dec 5, 2013
Why not work with an agent of your own; or check local print media for by owner rentals, always verify ownership before exchanging any money; word of mouth, etc.
All the best to you!
Flag Sun Dec 8, 2013
Thanks Anna, we are certainly willing to work with an agent.
Flag Thu Dec 5, 2013
Kathryn Lilly, Agent, New York, NY
Thu Dec 5, 2013
Hello;
I am sorry to say that you would be very lucky to find a studio in the budget and location you are asking for. March 1st is a little premature to be looking for, but use the time to look for anything now, and if you find it take it, even if it means paying a couple of months rent that you don't want to pay.
This is traditionally the slowest time of the year for rentals, with the least number of people looking. The Spring market turns very fast and keeps heating up with the weather through the Summer.
But getting out there and educating yourself (looking) is the best way to find a space that works for you.
It will probably mean moving to an hour or more commute for the budget.
Suggested neighborhoods: Eastern Bed Sty, Crown Heights. Ditmas Park, Borough Park, Sunset Park.
Kathryn Lilly, Broker
RealtyontheGreene.com
718-858-7600
Thanks for the information Kathryn, I have heard similar advice from friends.
Flag Sat Dec 7, 2013
Phillip Benn, Agent, Brooklyn, NY
Thu Dec 5, 2013
Greetings,
I will have another one bedroom renovated by then, it is on the fourth floor of an apartment building located 5 blocks from Brooklyn College

Phillip Benn
Kings Realty Professionals
7219 Ave N
Brooklyn NY 11234