My daughter is going to do a internship for the summer she is a student at adelphi university . is it possible for her and her roomate to find an?

Asked by Nancy Travis, Garden City, NY Sun Jan 15, 2012

apartment just from may to september??

Answers

5
Anna M Brocco, Agent, Williston Park, NY
Mon Jan 16, 2012
Generally most landlords would prefer to rent for a longer term, however there may be some who would be open to a short term lease. You can check http://www.mlsli.com for available area rentals; also check local print media for by owner rentals, always verify ownership before exchanging any money; word of mouth, etc. If you need additional assistance please free to contact me directly.
Anna
abrocco@laffey.com
Nancy Travis, Renter, Garden City, NY
Thu Jan 19, 2012
Thank you all for your help. I did research some more and was able to find a few upscale rental places that would do a 4 month lease. I and she however would prefer something in Garden city if worse came to worse i will contact one of you with the other option, I thought that maybe someone would know of a homeowner willing to rent to two wonderful young ladies for 4 months with there mom a school teacher securing the rent. i see that the rent in Garden city is quite high however, a thought was maybe a rental from may til september at Long Beach but it seems monthlly at Long beach is quite high too!! the maximum i could go would be three thousand a month for a 2 bedroom. Thanks so much for all your help p.s both have cars and could commute a little bit thks
Peter Owen, Agent, Garden City, NY
Wed Jan 18, 2012
I am a Garden City agent. Your request is possible, though issues exist. If your daughter cannot secure on-campus housing, she will need a car. There are currently 5 apartments available in the villages surrounding GC that will do a month-to-month lease. But also you will not know until May exactly which apartments are available for June. If you contact me in late April, I will do an extensive search for you.
Peter Owen
516 317-2860
PeterO@thedonnellygroup.com
Gail Gladsto…, Agent, 11743, NY
Sun Jan 15, 2012
There is a free service I can provide for her called Listing Book. We enter her search requirements and it will send her a list of available apartments that meet her needs. When new listings come onto the MLS, she will be notified immediately. When more expensive places are reduced into her price range, she will also be notified.

There is no obligation or fee for this...it is a service of our industry.

I will need her first and last name and email address to get her started. Also, what is the top dollar amount she is willing to spend; I will not put a minimum on it, but she does not need to receive apartments over her budget.

Gail@GailGladstone.com 631-425-6150
Abu Musa, Agent, New York, NY
Sun Jan 15, 2012
Yes. You may talk to a local real estate agent.Also you may search through internet.